A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

This is a question for nail salon techs.. I would like to know

This is a question for nail salon techs.. I would like to know what is the best durable uv gel clear for men.

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I couldn't find anybody in this field so not sure
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

Your question was "I would like to know what is the best durable uv gel clear for men."

Are you just looking for the one that probably lasts the longest, has more or less shine, or some other attribute that could connote the "best?"

I'm not a nail tech, but I do have a mani-pedi scheduled this afternoon and will be happy to ask in the salon.

All the best,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well I got mine done yesterday and later in the day I went to the gym And the gel cracked up. This has never happen to me and I believe that it was cheap uv gel

Thanks for getting back to me. I will ask what could cause that when I go this afternoon. I would definitely go back and complain though. They should redo the nails or issue a refund.

Will post answer later tonight.

Best regards,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok will wait for response

I should be home again before 6 and will post them. Until then, have a nice afternoon.

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok thank you you too..

You're quite welcome, but please do not respond since that locks my system. I will get back to you with the answer in a few hours.

Schuyler

Hi, there,

I'm back home with nice shiny nails that I don't have to worry with for the next couple of weeks. I had the place to myself and 4 technicians to talk to.

There are a number of reputable brands of gel polish including CND's Shellac (which is different from the others). The most popular brands are OPI, Orly's GelFx, and Gelish. However, the technicians doubted that the gel used was the cause of your problem. They all said that the application is far more important than the brand used. They said the nail may not have been cleaned properly to begin with, the curing was too little, or the wrong type or lamp could have been used. The light used for curing gel polish on acrylic nails will not work well with the gel polishes used on natural nails.

As for the difference in CND's Shellac and the others (I figured you would be curious about that, since I was), that is the first gel brand that came out. It tends to be a little easier to remove (less soaking in acetone), but is usually more expensive than the other brands. It is also slightly more limited in color selection though. Since you had clear, that shouldn't be a problem.

All the best,

Schuyler

Everybody agreed that you should go back and have them re-do the manicure, but do it in the next day or so. Any reputable salon will stand behind their work.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research