Patience
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
61840635
Type Your Question Here...

O'Sullivan furniture: Where can I get assembly instructions for setup?

I purchased an O'Sullivan Computer Work Center desk quite a number of years ago, I'm sure how many. Anyway, I never put it together up until now, my son wants to put it together. After opening the box and taking everything out, we found that there were NO assembly instructions. I've searched a number of places to no avail. The company went out of business...so now what?! Can you help me, please. Thank you.

Even though O'Sullivan Industries has gone out of business, some of its furniture lines are still being produced and sold by other office furniture companies . You can try contacting the following the company still distributing O'Sullivan furniture and see if their customer service people can help you get the assembly instructions: iFurn.com, phone toll-free: (866) 210 - 6926, Mon-Thu 8AM - 6PM CST or Friday 9AM - 5PM CST. They also say they are able to provide a substantial amount of assistance and information via e-mail, and you can contact them at C u s t o m e r S u p p o r t @ i F u r n . c o m anytime. If that doesn’t work, for your situation, you may want to contact a furniture assembly and installation professionals in your area. There is a listing service at http://nfaca.org/ or just put the term and the nearest major city in your browser and you will be able to find someone to help you put your work station together. This should be helpful in getting the instructions.

Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience: MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the work you've been doing for me. However, I had already contacted iFurn.com and they were not able to help me as they didn't have that piece of furniture in their line.

I found that Sauder bought some of the rights for the O'Sullivan furniture and became Sauder O'Sullivan. I gave them a call an they do not have the instructions for your particular model of Computer Desk, but in speaking with them they made some suggestions to help. They have some videos that show how to assemble pieces of the furnuture. The videos may help. They also have a couple of similiar desks that are made the opposite of the piece that you have where the drawers are on the opposite side of the cabinet door on bottom. You may find the instructions would be close enough to get the piece put together. The Representaive from Sauder said that they will try and help you if they can. Their number is: 1-***-***-**** MON-FRI 9:00AM-5:30PM EST.

Ths is the link to look over some of the assembly videos: http://www.sauder.com/Customer-Service/Assembly-Tips.aspx

These videos are similiar to what you would need to assemble the computer work station you have. The biggest key that the Sauder representative said would be screw length needed in the various areas to attach the doors, and pieces. This is an idea of one similiar to what you have and the instructions for this one may help you:

http://www.sauder.com/Sauder/Office-Computer/Workcenters/401929.aspx

I hope this is helpful and you can use the information to piece the desk together with the help of Sauder. Please let me know if this is helpful. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Actually, I haven't had a chance to look at Sauder's site yet. Furthermore, the computer desk in question is at my son's apartment as he is the one that will be trying to put it together. I have also been researching on my own and hopefully between the two of us, maybe we'll get this problem solved. Thanks again for your continued efforts.

With the links in the Suader Videos, your son can bring them up if he has a computer and the gentleman I spoke to at Sauder said they would try to help if you give them a call. A couple of their pieces look similiar and the side where the drawers and the door on the bottom are on opposite sides of the Desk that you own, it is a mirror image. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, I will pass the information on to my son.