Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

How can I clean the silk rug from a dog poop? It is ivory colored

How can I clean the silk rug from a dog poop? It is ivory colored rug, almost white and there are several spots, badly soiled. I am afraid that the cleaning solution may cause discoloration of the rug.
At first thought, I would continue to contact local cleaners as there might be one that could take your rug to see about removing the stain as best they can.

Conducted some research tonight on various rug care websites from across the country. More than one site recommend to try club soda as many silk rug owners use this for stains. The club soda can be poured on a clean rag and then bloted on the stain. Then use a dry cloth to pick up any excess liquid from the club soda and then air dry.

Another option mentioned is a 50/50 mixture of white vinegar and water, using the same process as the
club soda.

Always remember to perform this process in a small hidden area on the rug. Only if no damage is shown using these methods then you can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have no idea what the club soda is...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

with club soda why don't I just pour it on the stain?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Oh, I got it what the club soda is. Is it possible that I just dissolve some dry ice in water to produce this carbonated water?

You can I am sure try with the dry ice while also try using one of the ice cubes to dab the stain. I know I have tried using ice cubes to try to get things out of carpet so an ice cube could be an alternative to the club soda.