Patience
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience:  MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
61840635
Type Your Question Here...

got a old safe at a flea market dont have the combenation how

got a old safe at a flea market dont have the combenation how do i open it?
Hello, my name is Greg.

What is the make and model of the safe?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

brinks and all thats on it is a serial no. it is 05939

Thanks for the update. I am going to move this to one of our home improvement professionals who will have info for you on this type of safe.

Someone should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

more info product #(NNN) NNN-NNNN serial # XXXXX

Hello- Thanks for contacting Just Answer!

Brinks is now owned by Honeywell, and you can contact them and request your combination at Alternately, their customer service phone number is XXXXX and their office hours are 8-6 (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday.

If you don't want to wait to get the combination from the manufacturer, you can always hire a locksmith to help you open it. or a professional safe technician. Websites you can visit to find trusted technicians are , , , and .At any rate, you will probably be asked to give some proof of safe ownership, so keep your receipt handy if you have one.

If you are a tried and true DIY type, you could try drilling out the lock. This is tricky and it may take some time to do properly. You could some hints on the how-to of this at the following link:

Please be sure to rate my response using the star system so that I can be credited for my work. Then feel free to ask further questions as needed. I am more than happy to do follow up and discuss more. Good customer service is one of my highest priorities! Please use the REPLY tab to work out any problems that come up regarding the service you have received.

Good luck! Come back soon and remember to ask for Patience P.
Patience, Internet Researcher
Experience: MA Clinical Psychology; BS Health Sciences
Hello- I am resending this, as due to a technical glitch, it seems, the all important links did not come through in the last update. I am sorry for any inconvenience that might have caused.

Brinks is now owned by Honeywell, and you can contact them and request your combination at http://honeywellsafes.com/UserFiles/ContentPageFiles/ORDER%20REPLACEMENT%20KEYS%20&%20COMBINATIONS.pdf Alternately, their customer service phone number is 1-800-223-8566 and their office hours are 8-6 (Pacific Time) Monday through Friday.

If you don't want to wait to get the combination from the manufacturer, you can always hire a locksmith to help you open it. or a professional safe technician. Websites you can visit to find trusted technicians are www.findalocksmith.com, www.aloa.org, www.savta.org, and www.clearstar.com. At any rate, you will probably be asked to give some proof of safe ownership, so keep your receipt handy if you have one.

If you are a tried and true DIY type, you could try drilling out the lock. This is tricky and it may take some time to do properly. You could some hints on the how-to of this at the following link: http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/household-safety/security/safecracking4.htm