Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

How thick is the wall of a squeezable PET bottle in millimetres

How thick is the wall of a squeezable PET bottle in millimetres such as the following one:
http://uk.loccitane.com/green-tea-body-hair-shower-gel,83,1,30007,269895.htm
Many thanks.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will wait. Thank you.

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Maintaining an average wall thickness of a PET bottle is a continuing challenge to molders,

A independent study was done to see about pressure that a PET bottle can take. In this study, there is a mention of the average PET wall thickness in MM:

From the study:

Wall thickness on a bottle is normally on the average 0.75 mm (again for Dutch bottles) gives a max. pressure of 13.7 bar / ~200 psi.
(The bottles I tested all held out 14 bar) Wall thickness may vary a lot in a single bottle. I've seen a bottle with wall thickness variation between 1.5 and 0.5 mm in a single bottle.

http://home.zonnet.nl/e_stoffie/designmaxpressure.html

Michael, Librarian
Experience: 20+ years as information professional