General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

n.c. wyeth artist "Treasure Island 1st addition" mint condition

valve...
n.c. wyeth artist "Treasure Island 1st addition" mint condition valve
4/21/2013
Nora
Nora, Internet Researcher
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA, USPAP & ISA Compliant through 2019
Hi There~

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to help with your question.

Thank you for your patience, as I was not online when you first posted your question.

The illustrations done by NC Wyeth for Treasure Island are iconic in the world of American illustration art. I have had the pleasure and honor to handle and broker a number of original paintings by Wyeth, including some from Treasure Island that sold for record-breaking numbers at auction just less than a decade ago.

A first edition of the first Wyeth Scribner Classic series, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson has an insurance, or replacement, value of $1300. On today’s market this first edition sells for $550-$650. The sale price is due to the slump in the global economy and not because of a loss of interest in this volume.

If you are interested in selling your book, I suggest that the best route for this would be through auction. Here are some suggestions of companies to contact:

Bauman's Rare Books in Manhattan - http://www.baumanrarebooks.com/

PBA Rare Book Auctions in San Francisco: http://www.pbagalleries.com/

Swann’s Auction Galleries: http://www.swanngalleries.com/bo_oks.cgi

Bloomsbury London: http://www.bloomsburyauctions.com/

Heritage Auctions: www.ha.com

You can contact each auction house through their website. You will send them photos and information. It is free to contact auction houses and get an estimate for sale. You would not be obligated to sell with any of them. Please bear in mind that estimates will vary from each business, and that the highest estimate is not necessarily a guarantee of a sale.

Feel free if you have further questions about your item.

Please only leave feedback when you feel satisfied your question has been answered.

Our conversation will continue as long as you please, even after a rating is left.

Sincerely,
~Nora
Nora
Nora, Internet Researcher
Hi Jeremy~

Thanks for the positive rating.

Much Appreciated.

~Nora
Nora
Nora
Nora, Internet Researcher