How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxTom Your Own Question
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 2364
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...
TaxTom is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I used tax act to file this year.

This answer was rated:

I used tax act to file this year. I was supposed to get a refund of $1159. IRS only gave me $145. I was wondering which department I should call and a phone number. $$$$$$

I think what happened was:  I owed them $1015 but I paid them on 4/8/12. I have a confirmation number from the credit card  payment. Perhaps the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I guess I need to contact the payment department?

TaxTom :

Hello, You can call 1-800-429-1040 and there will be a choice by pushing numbers and you will want to choose the one for Individual tax returns. Thanks Tom

TaxTom and 28 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Thank You for letting me assist you with your question, If I can help you further please let me know. Tom