A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Dont know who to ask so here it goes: What are the taxes on

Don't know who to ask so here it goes: What are the taxes on Cigarettes and gasoline in Massachusetts

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help you.

The state cigarette tax in Massachusetts is currently $2.51 per pack, but there is a proposal to increase this by $1.00 per pack as well as making cigarettes liable for the current state sales tax of 6.25% from which they are currently exempt.

The current fuel tax is $0.21 per gallon for both gasoline and diesel fuel. Localities can add an optional $0.026181 per gallon on top of that.

Best regards,

Schuyler