How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy Your Own Question
Lucy, Mensa Member
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 29985
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...
Lucy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to take my son off my health insurance. Hes move out

This answer was rated:

I need to take my son off my health insurance. He's move out and is living on his own now but I have already start my next year with my insurance plan. They usually allow one time to make adjustments to it.

How do I go about taking him off my plan now since he has move out?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Typically, a person has 30 days to make changes to an insurance policy when a qualifying event occurs (although different plans may provide a different time period). If a person who was previously a dependent is no longer a dependent, that is a type of qualifying event. So, if your son moved out of your home and you are not providing at least 50% of his support, you should be able to call the insurance company and ask what documentation they need to remove him.

If you have any questions at all about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for helping you today. Thank you.
Lucy and 49 other General Specialists are ready to help you