General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Main Pcb Or Just Door Lock ?

Main Pcb Or Just Door Lock ?
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2013
Bryan, Internet Researcher

bryanpaul52 :

can I ask what kind of machine this is and a make and model number ?

Customer:

Couldn't get a reply box working before. It's an LG WM2010CW

bryanpaul52 :

okay thanks. I'm not sure why you gave me poor service rating however.? let me see what I can find on this.

Customer:

Will not operate on it's own, so I assume that the Main starts the unit and locks the door right.

Customer:

Poor svc because web site was not allowing me to reply. Not directed at you.

bryanpaul52 :

yes is the door not locking ?

Customer:

No, display dead until you spin tub then display lights up.

bryanpaul52 :

oh , wow thats a strange one. so when you shut the door and press on none of the lights on the control light up ?

Customer:

No sir, pulled plug ,waited some and plugged back in and no change.

bryanpaul52 :

the control should light up even with the door open so the door lock shouldnt effect that.

Customer:

Door lock is controlled by the Main board, correct ?

bryanpaul52 :

yes, so when you close the door and press start the control sends a signal to lock the door. I'm looking at the tech sheets now. be right back

Customer:

okay,start button not activating.

bryanpaul52 :

are you getting any error codes like dE ?

Customer:

no sir, no display. Just straight lines across when the tub is spun manually.

bryanpaul52 :

okay well when you turn the tub the RPS sensor is back feeding to the control.

bryanpaul52 :

Is the LED(1) on? If No, Replace MAIN PWB

ASSEMBLY.

Customer:

Doesn't sound like that should happen.

Customer:

Okay, do you know where I can get the part overnight or next day ? Parts here take 3-5 days. Arkansas.

Bryan, Internet Researcher
Bryan, Internet Researcher