General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

forgot safe combo

forgot safe combo
3/19/2013
SpecialistMichael
My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for your question.

Do you have your manual present?

What model of safe are you using today?

I only have the number EPoCC5Eo940603

it is a small sentry safe

I have a few questions to narrow down the issue here - please answer them all..

Can you describe the safe please?

Rough dimensions, type of dial or keypad.

Are you CERTAIN you are dialing the safe out correctly?

I would like to try get an idea of the type of safe.

And just so I am correct, you do not have your manual?

dial up and down 12 by 6 inches black no manual

Ok thank you Mary

Finally are certain you have dialed the safe correctly with what numbers MIGHT be the combination.

Just try this one thing for me using a couple of the numbers you think may be the combination. I am providing the correct opening procedure JUST IN CASE it is something as simple as a misdialing of the safes combo.

For a 3 number combination:

To get the first number, after you have reset the dial stop the first number on the index mark - you should be at eye level in order to accomplish this. If at any point you go over the number, if a quarter or half number, reset the dial and start again.

For the second number turning to THE RIGHT now, stop on the SECOND number the SECOND TIME the number hits the white index mark. Again if you go over, start over again.

For the last number, turning back to the left, simply stop on the number the very first time you reach the index mark with it.

Press in firmly on the door and depress the handle to open your safe.

For a four number combination:
Reset your dial as mentioned and stop on the very first number by turning to the left after the reset.
-The second number, stop on the 2nd number the THIRD TIME, you reach the index - if you go past even a little, reset and begin again.
-The third number, stop on the 3rd number the SECOND TIME you reach the index with it.
-The fourth and final number, stop on it the very first time you reach the index with it.

Again press in firmly on the door, and depress the handle before attempting to swing open the door.

there is no turning right or left it is up and down and I have tried so many numbers already I just plain forgot

there are only 3 numbers

I am sorry I have misread the information - my apologies.

This is a pinwheel type of dial, correct?

Not sure about a pin wheel. I only know they are up and down dials

Thats perfect - I just wanted to be sure.

OK Mary here you go with the information for when you return - keep in mind that unless the safe was registered on line when purchased, we have to go with the mail-in route. If I don't get back to you immediately I am probably on a short break or finishing up with a customer. Below is the proper protocol and all the forms you need to fill out and send in.

The solution is simple and easy, takes just a few minutes. At the bottom I took a moment to include a link to a locksmith network as well as providing the information for the actual form that just needs to be filled out and sent over.

Don't forget the deposit you placed to ask this question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service. Remember that when you are asked to give a rating you are rating My Service and not this website or your situation.

You will need the safe serial number, as this is the identifying factor. I have included the combination request form that must be filled out.

As far as procuring the combo for the safe:

Though not an ideal situation you are in (I am sorry to hear about misplacing the combo) the solution isVERY simple.

All you need to do is fill out this form here --> http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/NotaryForm

Then you just need to have it notarized( the bank will do this for free) and send it in, then you are shipped your key cut by Sentry. It has to be filled out and needs to be notarized, this is important and is required for all safe combo and factory code requests. I would follow up via phone to be sure it is received.

And if by some chance in the future Mary you ever need entry into the safe and cannot wait in the case of an issue or malfunction, a safe tech can actually be reached via www.clearstar.com

If you need to contact customer care the number is Customer Care Sentry(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong>

and the submission address:

Sentry Group

882 Linden Avenue

Rochester , NYNNN-NN-NNNN/p>

Attn: Dept. 200

Please let me if you need anything else, otherwise please provide me a rating based on my service.

SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS