Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
10522817
Type Your Question Here...

i want to fly to florida in the next week or so. i havent

i want to fly to florida in the next week or so. i have'nt flown in years so, i'm not up to date. iv'e learned that i can get a lot better rate flying on wednesdays. i'm flexible regarding day or time. however, iv'e been on some sites that advise to wait till last minute to order ticket because airlines are giving better deals closer to departure day. what do you think. also, with the homeland security issue, what can i take on the plane and what do i need to do prior to departure. thanks

bryanpaul52 :

Its best to book now if your traveling in the near future. with oil prices sckyrocking airlines raise there prices often. an example is 2008 when airlines raised rates 5 times in march. the oil prices were rising around the same rate then also. As far as what you can take on the plane heres the TSA's carry on list. carry-ons = 3.4 ounce (100ml) bottle or less (by volume) ; 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. One-quart bag per person limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring. 3.4 ounce (100ml) container size is a security measure. •Be prepared. Each time TSA searches a carry-on it slows down the line. Practicing 3-1-1 will ensure a faster and easier checkpoint experience.

I hope this helps.Have a safe flight, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well, may be you were right. i haven't checked oil prices but, the closer i get to departure day fares have been going up. i don't understand. i would think if airlines are trying to fill seats would n't fares be going down. alos, what do you think about travel insurance. does it allow me to cancel a non-refundable flight if i find a better price or just have to cancel the trip. regarding carry-ons. i have a bag , demensions are; 22 by 14 by 9, all in inches. can i carry that on. also, regarding liquids. did you mean one has to have liquids out of bag to be inspected at gate. thanks

Hi again. well as far as insurance goes that doesn't cover canceling your flight unfortunately. A lot of airlines will let you change your flight or keep a credit for you to use later as long as you do it 24 hours in advance. Check with your airline about that. heres a link you can check for luggage restrictions. http://www.luggageonline.com/travel-guides/airline-weights-and-restrictions this should help you with that once you know which airline you are using. liquids you should put in a clear plastic bag that you can carry through the checkpoint. that will make it fast and easy. thanks and have a nice day, Bryan