General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

My spouse and I would like to stay in a hostel in Washington

DC for the night of...
My spouse and I would like to stay in a hostel in Washington DC for the night of Saturday, March 2nd. Could you recommend one? Google lists too many for me to select.
2/18/2013
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello again, and thanks for requesting me to answer your question.

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted your question and have just returned.

You meant 'hostel', not 'hotel', correct?

What is your price range?

Thanks for all your additional detail.
Cher

Hostel. Yes, not hotel. anything under $50.00 is OK

Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

I'm researching for you now.

I'll be back in touch soon.

Best regards,
Cher

thank you

Hi again, and you're most welcome.

I've found the following for you, so far:

http://www.hostelz.com/hostel/163884-Duo-Housing-Washington-DC

http://www.hostels.com/hostels/washington-dc/aunt-beas-little-white-house/37827?dateFrom=2+Mar+2013&dateTo=3+Mar+2013&guestCount=&groupType=#anchor=availability&

(This is a little more than you wanted to pay, but it's quality seems good)

Let me know if you prefer 'private' or 'dorm'. Dorm is less expensive.

http://www.hostelbookers.com/property/prp/79903/arr/2013-03-02/ngt/1/ppl/2/

http://www.hostelbookers.com/property/prp/4149/arr/2013-03-02/ngt/1/ppl/2/

Please let me know if any of these suit your needs and if not, post back and let me know more details re: what you're looking for including location and 'dorm' or 'private'. I must tell you that for under $50 you're not going to find much in 'private', and a hotel may be a better buy. If you would like me to check out hotels for you, I can do that, too.

Please take a moment to Rate with Positive Feedback (click happiest, smiley face), as that is the only way in which I am credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much; I appreciate it! Laughing

Please let me know if you need more information before rating, by clicking 'Reply' and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

To request me for future questions, simply type "For Cher" to begin your post and I will answer, asap.

Best regards,
Cher

Thank you very much. we booked a room for $60.00 (shared bath) with your suggestion of Hilltop Hostel

Hello again, and you're most welcome!

Fantastic news! I'm glad you chose Hilltop Hostel with shared bath. It's not too much higher than what you wanted to spend.

It was my pleasure to be of help and please feel free to request me in the future by beginning your post with "For Cher".

Enjoy your stay in Washington, D.C.!

Best regards,
Cher

I just looked at the reviews. They are making me a little uncomfortable. What do you advise?

Hi again,

Let me take a look and I'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Cher

Hi again,

I see what you mean regarding the reviews, but the most recent reviews were good and the older ones were not so good. It's very possible that these things people didn't like, have been corrected within the past 2 years. I'd recommend calling them directly and asking if smoking is allowed throughout the hostel, if there are locks on bedroom (dorm) doors and if they have been inspected for bedbugs recently and given a clean bill of healthy conditions. If you don't receive the answers you like, I will search for others for you. Please keep in mind that at the price you mentioned, there is not as much available, but each specific place will vary in it's accommodations. Also, keep in mind you will only be there for one night.

Let me know what answers you get to your questions when you call. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher

Thank you. Answers to the three questions were good. Will go with it.

Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

Glad you called and answers to the questions were good!

I found one more than might interest you, the reviews were good, but it will be $10 more ($35/per person for a 4 bed mixed dorm and private bath). Check it out:

http://www.hostelbookers.com/property/prp/78816/arr/2013-03-02/ngt/1/ppl/2/

If you found my answer helpful, please let me know, here. Also, please take a moment to Rate with Positive Feedback (click happiest, smiley face), as that is the only way in which I am credited by the site for my assistance. Thank you very much; I appreciate it! Laughing

Best regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs