General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Can I cook 2 pizzas in my home oven at the same time? If so,

Can I cook 2 pizzas...
Can I cook 2 pizzas in my home oven at the same time? If so, what effect does it have on one pizza over the other? I'm concerned about getting a nice even bake between both pizzas.
2/1/2013
SpecialistMichael

SpecialistMike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX you available?

Customer:

yes

SpecialistMike :

Oh thats great, the other indicator showed you as offline

SpecialistMike :

So what kind of pizza are we making ? :)

SpecialistMike :

pizzas* I should say

Customer:

still trying to find a good recipe...

Customer:

i found one with honey that might be good.

SpecialistMike :

Oh wow thats excellent

SpecialistMike :

I just made one the other night with fresh mozzarella

Customer:

but basically just a standard hand-tossed style pizza

SpecialistMike :

tomato and garlic

Customer:

ooh sounds good

SpecialistMike :

the fresh mozz made a huge difference

SpecialistMike :

it was probably a 16inch wide pizza

SpecialistMike :

thank goodness for my good metabolism - I ate the whole thing :)

Customer:

i'm making them for a house party with 30-40 people so i need to make 2 at once

Customer:

haha nice

SpecialistMike :

haha

SpecialistMike :

Ok so are you using pizza stones?

Customer:

screens

SpecialistMike :

or any other "pizza specific" item to cook them?

SpecialistMike :

ok

SpecialistMike :

well generally speaking, convection ovens will usually have a slightly hotter top rack

SpecialistMike :

todays technology, most should be about the same as far as temperature

SpecialistMike :

however...

SpecialistMike :

depending on who you ask, some will swear by the bottom rack being hotter, some will swear on the top rack being hotter

SpecialistMike :

So in your case

SpecialistMike :

If you are unsure on which is hotter - I would do FIRST a tiny "mini-run" of the pizzas, do little personal ones or heck, cook something similar to pizza dough on the very bottom, very top and middle

SpecialistMike :

this way you dont risk it come party time if one ends up being different

SpecialistMike :

IF

SpecialistMike :

you find there is a big difference in the top and bottom racks - you literally could just switch them halfway through the cooking time

Customer:

ok

SpecialistMike :

I learned the hard way trying to impress a lady friend of mine that I needed to "learn" my new oven and pizza before trying to "impress"

SpecialistMike :

generally though most say the hottest part is the very top of the ove

SpecialistMike :

n

Customer:

ok

SpecialistMike :

convection ovens are designed to "move" heat efficiently so they cook quickly and more evenly

SpecialistMike :

however that is not always the case

SpecialistMike :

plus depending on your toppings, it would be a good idea to see how larger pies actually cook in the oven so you dont undercook a crust or overcook the toppings

SpecialistMike :

does that help?

Customer:

yes very much

Customer:

i have tomorrow off work and the party isn't till next week so i think i'll just cook a couple test pies tomorrow

SpecialistMike :

either way I think you may end up rotating your screens halfway through

SpecialistMike :

thats a definite smart thing to do

SpecialistMike :

no surprising come party day :)

Customer:

ok cool

SpecialistMike :

surprises*

Customer:

well thanks for the help

SpecialistMike :

awesome well have a blast at your party

Customer:

thanks. i will

SpecialistMike :

fresh homemade pizzas are awesome

Customer:

yeah i hope it impresses the masses

Customer:

night!

SpecialistMike :

im sure it will, especially with all the time youre putting into it

SpecialistMichael
Also Kristin, if you would like to request me specifically with any more questions you might have you can do so directly from this link. It would be my pleasure to work with you again.

http://www.justanswer.com/general/expert-cscsmike/

Have a great party!
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS