How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21382
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is just the very top board of a fireplace mantel called.

This answer was rated:

What is just the very top board of a fireplace mantel called. And does anyone know a company that makes them to custom?

Hello, Brad and welcome back to Just Answer.

The very top board is actually called the 'mantel shelf', while the entire fireplace 'surround' is the mantelpiece plus the side pieces which frame the entire fireplace.

Try these companies:

I hope this helped. If so, please give my answer a positive rating (happiest smiley face Laughing). If you have additional questions, please click 'Reply' and I will be happy to help you further.

Best regards,

Cher and 46 other General Specialists are ready to help you