General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

How does one master FEAR and despair?

How does one master FEAR and despair?
1/12/2013
SpecialistMichael

SpecialistMike :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX you for the request

SpecialistMike :

are you available?

SpecialistMike :

HI there how are you today?

SpecialistMike :

happy new year

Customer:

Yes.

Customer:

Fine. Same to you.

SpecialistMike :

What brings your question of fear and despair mastery today?

SpecialistMike :

what kinds of fears

SpecialistMike :

despair over what types of things

Customer:

People have told me many times that I can't live my life in fear, but I can't help it. Sometimes, I fear that something like a hostage situation or things of that nature might happen if I go to certain places, or fly in a plane and such.

SpecialistMike :

ah ok i understand

SpecialistMike :

if it makes you feel any better i too have a fear of flying

SpecialistMike :

in regards XXXXX XXXXX like a hostage situation

SpecialistMike :

or a public situation of violence

SpecialistMike :

you have to realize that while the situations can be very scary you still have your own influence on them

SpecialistMike :

for example

SpecialistMike :

i really don't like public places

SpecialistMike :

the idea of NYC for example immediately annoys me just because of how careless people are

SpecialistMike :

i do know however that when i go places I have a certain conscious awareness of what is going on

SpecialistMike :

i observe and watch people casually as im going about my day

SpecialistMike :

i make sure i know where the exits are and try to observe a "smart" path around a store or busy place

SpecialistMike :

so IF something should happen

SpecialistMike :

i can react appropriately

SpecialistMike :

i do the same when driving

SpecialistMike :

im always watching in my mirrors

SpecialistMike :

constantly making sure that if someone cuts me off, i have a space in another lane to make an evasive manuver

SpecialistMike :

while I know i cannot control what other people do

SpecialistMike :

i know i can control what I do

SpecialistMike :

and will make whatever choices I need to stay safe

SpecialistMike :

do you follow where i am going with this?

Customer:

Yes. I do some of the things that you do too. But what can one do to stay calm, peaceful, and tranquil if one is ever a hostage in a hostage situation? What would a hostage negotiator recommend to a hostage on how he/she can find peace even in a situation of TERROR like a hostage situation? Are there any experts that are former or current hostage negotiators by any chance?

SpecialistMike :

I don't think there are any hostage negotiators on site. In most cases, and you can do your own research so you know I am accurate here, most negotiators would recommend people to actually do as their captors say and follow directions given to them.

SpecialistMike :

Historically, we can look at other examples and see that most situations that were resolved were actually because the police did their job, and the hostages remained calm while the situation was worked out

SpecialistMike :

i think god forbid a situation like that happen

SpecialistMike :

you need to remember that the police and law enforcement are doing their job

SpecialistMike :

patience and a clear mind would be the best thing to have

SpecialistMike :

patience being a priority

Customer:

People have told me before that in situations like that, it helps to have peace with God. But what scares me about that is that I sometimes fear what if God won't forgive me because of certain sins that I may have committed in my life. As much as I try to live a good life as best as I can and have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and all, with so many false preachers preaching deceptive teachings, I sometimes wonder if I am getting correct information when there is something that I don't fully understand from The Bible, and since there are rumors that The Bible has been translated and changed many times from the original texts and manuscripts through the course of 2,000+ years and stuff.

SpecialistMike :

Well you have realize that whatever diety you choose to follow and worship, those teachings outlined in those books have a set meaning BUT they are made for each individuals perception on them. Each person may read a bible passage, understand the information but actually take it differently

SpecialistMike :

alot of people find strength and support in god or whatever diety they worship

SpecialistMike :

its important to understand that god understands that each person is not perfect

SpecialistMike :

as long as everyone makes a conscious effort to improve themselves for themselves as well as those around them then everything i ok

SpecialistMike :

life isnt about being perfect

SpecialistMike :

its about learning and improving with whatever situation you are in

Customer:

I see. Thank you very much. I am just looking for some answers to help me. I will keep your information handy and refer to them if I ever need support. I am trying to rate your service, but the computer says that you are not finished yet. Was there anything more you were going to tell me? Thank you.

SpecialistMike :

Well i think its really important that you focus on awareness of your surroundings when you are out

SpecialistMike :

i dont like that you are uncomfortable

SpecialistMike :

i personally don't have a fear of public situations like that

SpecialistMike :

but when i go out, i just plain and simple sometimes dont like heavy crowds

SpecialistMike :

i prefer to always know who is around me

SpecialistMike :

where the exits are as I mentioned

SpecialistMike :

and know that I am doing my part and will simply react as needed to changing situations

Customer:

Thank you for your concern. I do certain things like when I eat at this certain restaurant, I eat at the table right next to the emergency exit. I also one time got spooked when I went to the bank because this cop all of a sudden entered the bank and he was just standing in a certain spot for a certain duration of time and just loitering. I started to wonder if he was a bad guy dressed as a cop because there was actually something about him that made me wonder if he looked like a cop. Fortunately, a few seconds later, a bank employee came out of nowhere, handed him a bag or something, and he was gone.

SpecialistMike :

Ive had situations like that before - I consider myself an optimist in all respects

SpecialistMike :

however i completely understand your concerns in that you really cannot be too careful

SpecialistMike :

society while consistent can sometimes be unpredictable

Customer:

I also have gotten many medical exams and check-ups recently and everything is good. But I still try to be as careful as I can about infectious diseases. Thank you. The computer still doesn't let me rate you.

SpecialistMike :

regular checkups are always a good thing

SpecialistMike :

dont forget a quality diet and exercise routine

SpecialistMike :

always helps the body

SpecialistMike :

and just so you know

SpecialistMike :

you can request me specifically even if I am not showing online

SpecialistMike :

i always get the notifications

Customer:

Thank you again.

SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS