Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Is SHARON the former Israeli leader who was the target of an

Is SHARON the former Israeli leader who was the target of an attempted assisination still being kept alive and is he aware and a hostage in his body or is his body brain dead?

Librarian Michael :

Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

Librarian Michael :

The family of the former PM of Israel keeps all things related to his condition quiet but an article that was done late last year tells of his condition and how the family is dealing with this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/world/middleeast/6-years-after-stroke-ariel-sharon-still-responsive-son-says.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Librarian Michael :

For a biography of the former PM, here is his life story: http://www.biography.com/people/ariel-sharon-9480655?page=1

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just thank you. that was quick.

You are welcome!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

guess what. i just tried your web address for the ny times article on ariel sharon my computer says the page is lost. if your computer can get it can you send me a copy / than ks

Problem is that I am not allowed on this site to just copy and paste the article because of copyright issues. What I can recommend is to go to Google and type in the title of the story which is "Six Years After a Debilitating Stroke, Sharon Remains Responsive, His Son Says". There are many links to the story online and I am sure one of those will work for you. I tried the NY Times original link and it worked for me so please try again.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you again.igoogled the article and it popped right up as you indicated. unfortunately all the other articles refer back to that same article a year ago and say nothing new. in anycase, no matter what he has done in life i feel bad for the guy. his son believes and is in charge so i guess that is how it stands. all it says is that his eyes are open and he stares and he moves a finger to a verbal prompt. 7 years now. but will he ever get more function? sad anyway you look at it. larry p.s. have a good holiday season.

That article is from what I could research is the most up to date on his condition. Son keeps news tight in terms of press knowing more. Very sad but they are hoping for a recovery.

Wish you as well a good holiday season.