Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Natural Gas Supplier selection:Not sure if there is a better

Natural Gas Supplier selection:
Not sure if there is a better category to place this question.

I want to sign my church and home up for an alternative natural gas supplier here in Michigan. I understand HOW to compare rates, but I hope someone can "cut to the chase" faster than I can.

Please recommend a supplier, with your reasoning.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service. I wish to introduce myself. I am a Research Librarian with 20+ years of experience.

I decided on my research to look at customer rankings from organizations such as J.D. Power who rank the best in terms of customer satisfaction. For natural gas suppliers in the midwest, they gave high grades to:

Midwest Region
MidAmerican Energy ranks highest among large utilities in the Midwest region, followed by We Energies and DTE Energy, respectively.

Among midsize utilities in the region, Citizens Gas ranks highest, followed by Metropolitan Utilities District and Alliant Energy, respectively.

I understand you have looked at rates but here is a comparison chart of all suppliers with their pricing so you could get a better feel for what the prices would be if you signed up with a particular company:

http://www.michgaschoice.com/tag/comparison/