How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Martin Your Own Question
Martin, Engineer
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 4944
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...
Martin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to translate into English my friends book, which

This answer was rated:

I would like to translate into English my friend’s book, which was published in Eastern Europe. It’s a travel book about Australia. How do I go about getting paid for my service? I would not accept payment from the author. Are there any other (creative) ways to fund funding for such project, i.e. grants, programs, etc.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can wait, thanks

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Hello. What is the reason for not taking money from the author? He/She is not interested in investing anymore in the project? Did you contact the publisher to see if he would be interested? Is it easy for you to get the right or a licensing deal?

I assume the book is not too old, traveling book get obsolete quite fast.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.


Thank you for taking my question. I was asking if there are any other options, besides the ones you are mentioning above.

Often universites offer such grant. You would need to contact tourism schools to see if you could apply. The book would need to be quite unique because there is a LOT of books on the subject.

You can also use

Lastly, you can always contact the Australian as they are the one with the most to gain. This is the official tourism marketing site of the Australian government:
You can contact them there:

You can also finance it with spare time, doing a bit each day and making money from selling the translation after it's done.
Martin, Engineer
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 4944
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Martin and 25 other General Specialists are ready to help you