Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have an employee who always questions our authority. I would

I have an employee who always questions our authority. I would like a good calm way to explain to him that there is a difference between asking questions, and questioning authoirty of direction. Can someone articualte this for me, or point me to a good article?

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will wait
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

If this employee always questions your authority in front of others, that is an undesirable work ethic and reflects badly upon management, so you would want to first issue a warning to the employee and see if you can find out what is causing him to constantly behave in this manner. This article and discussion board will help:
http://www.gaebler.com/Employee-Authority-Confrontation-Issues.htm

A good tip is speaking with the employee about this problem first thing in the morning when everyone is 'fresh' and not later in the day when everyone is tired and anxious to get home.

Here is another article that will provide additional ideas:
http://streetsmartleader.com/2010/10/03/the-challenge-for-your-authority/

-----------------------------------------------------
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley face) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is always my greatest priority!

~~If you wish to request me in the future, simply type "For Cher' to begin your post and I will answer asap!~~

Best regards,
Cher

Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist