Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.The humidifier was a good idea, to add moisture to the air. Try to keep one going in the rooms you use most. In the winter, cooler, dry air contributes to the buildup of static electricity.Rub your clothing with dryer sheets and also use an anti-static spray for clothing. In addition, try to wear clothing made of natural fibers, like cotton, as they don't retain as much of an electrical charge as synthetic fibers like polyester and other acrylic materials. Try carrying something made of metal in your hand, like a car key or house key, and this will help discharge the static electricity before you touch something metal.