How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21333
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Everything in my house is shocking me. I live in a wind prone

This answer was rated:

Everything in my house is shocking me. I live in a wind prone area and things shock me that I don't even have to touch, they reach out for me. Is there anything I can do?

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

The humidifier was a good idea, to add moisture to the air. Try to keep one going in the rooms you use most. In the winter, cooler, dry air contributes to the buildup of static electricity.

Rub your clothing with dryer sheets and also use an anti-static spray for clothing. In addition, try to wear clothing made of natural fibers, like cotton, as they don't retain as much of an electrical charge as synthetic fibers like polyester and other acrylic materials. Try carrying something made of metal in your hand, like a car key or house key, and this will help discharge the static electricity before you touch something metal.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thanks!

Please rate with positive feedback (smiley) when you are satisfied with my answer. Your satisfaction is my greatest priority.

Best regards,

Cher and 54 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions