Lady Themis
Lady Themis, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Knowledgeable in a broad range of topics
11297241
Type Your Question Here...

I cannot open my brief case. It has presto locks and I have

I cannot open my brief case. It has presto locks and I have lost and or forgotten the three number combo. Help!
Thank you for contacting us.

First, try setting the combination to 0-0-0. That is the factory setting, and if it's possible you never reset the combination, that might work.

If not, try these directions:
1. Set the combination wheels to all zeros
2. Turn the wheels one at a time. You are looking for the digit with a small dark area between the number wheel and the slot in the lock housing. The dark area is a missing tooth in the cog attached to the number wheel.
3. Move to the next wheel when you find the correct digits. When all the wheels have numbers with marks next to them, you've found the combination and the lock is disengaged.

(from EHow).

If that doesn't work, you may need a locksmith, or you may need to cut the lock manually.

NOTICE: I hope this answers the question you have posted. Please reply for follow-up information or clarification. I am not compensated for my time in any fashion unless you RATE MY SERVICE. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for trying ---we cannot follow your instructions but that's not your fault. We are satisfied with your effort but the case is still locked.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,

Thank you for trying ---we cannot follow your instructions but that's not your fault.  We are satisfied with your effort but the case is still locked.

I'm very sorry that didn't work for you. By any chance does your lock have a serial number on it? If so, you may be able to contact Presto for a "master code" to open the lock.

Here is a link to another method to crack the lock if you are able:

http://www.wikihow.com/Crack-a-%22Master-Lock%22-Combination-Lock

Otherwise, you may need to just cut off the lock.