Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

lost my key to my brinks safe model # XXXXX just wondering

lost my key to my brinks safe model # XXXXX just wondering if I can get another key ? and I forgot my pass word. Even when I replace the batteries the key pad still doesn't work.

Hello, Claudette and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you with your safe issue today.

Please be aware that safe combinations are never available on the internet, but only from the safe's manufacturer, after providing proof of ownership. I can supply you with the steps you need to take to obtain this information from the manufacturer, below.

Brinks is now owned by Honeywell, so you will need to contact the manufacturer to retrieve your original password XXXXX order a replacement key, at 1-800-223-8566. You will need to provide them with some specific information in order to obtain the key and combination to the safe.

For your protection and security, they will request that you send them a notarized letter including your safe's model number, serial number, key number and a confirmation of your identity and that you are the rightful owner of the safe. You can get the letter notarized at your bank at no cost to you.

This information can be submitted by either fax, email or regular mail. The customer service representative you speak with can provide you with all of the above contact information and also answer any additional questions you may have about retrieving your combination/ordering a replacement key.

I wish you much good luck with your safe and hope all goes well!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit from the site for assisting you. Thank you!

Please rate with positive feedback (#3-5) when you are satisfied with my answer.

Your satisfaction is my greatest priority!

Best regards,
Cher