How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SpecialistMichael Your Own Question
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 508
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
SpecialistMichael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What can I say to get my niegbor to park at his own house and

This answer was rated:

What can I say to get my niegbor to park at his own house and not in front of mine ? I do not want to anger him but my guests have no where to park !

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We have some time as my back up plan is to wait until Oct 1 and contact DMV . Their registration is out then and they will be removed for me . I was just hoping there was a way to let them know they should move that crappy truck from in front of my house sooner. They live right across the street from me as far as I know. my house is the prettiest one here in the ghetto but I really wish simple manners were taught these days . If you are unable to give me a different approach -their lack of manners will be expensive ! Oh well .

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would really like an answer should I try to repost to another expert ?

Thank you for your reply. Your question is marked high priority and is open to all Professionals, as it has always been, there is no need to repost. We will be in touch with you shortly.
Hello, my name is Greg.

Is there a way you could put a note on the windshield of the car asking for them to contact you so you can discuss the issue. It is possible that they are not aware that they are hindering your guests ability to park. This is the first thing that I would try.

If it is parked in front of your home for a lengthy period of time, you can also contact the police department (using non-emergency number) and let them know that a car has been sitting in front of your house for a lengthy period of time and you would like it checked as a possible abandoned vehicle. They will then followup on the car.

If they do move the car at times, wait until they have moved it and place your own car there for a period of time. They might then get the message that you are needing that space - maybe they assume that you do not need that parking space.

If you need further help, just click on REPLY TO EXPERT. All the best and have a wonderful rest of the week! I hope you are able to get this resolved quickly.
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 5240
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Mr. Gregory White and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Have you tried contacting your local city hall and/or the street department in your local town/city? Finding out the city code in your community on parking rules on city streets may give you some leverage on having this vehicle moved.

“If you are not yet satisfied with my response, please reply to me so I can give you more detail or direct your question to a category-specific Expert.”
Michael, Librarian
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 3104
Experience: 20+ years as information professional
Michael and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you

My name isXXXXX am going to offer a different answer so you can see what best fits your style of communication. No matter what you potentially might choose to escalate the situation(with town or city or what have you) the very first step that will probably be recommended to you is talking with him first.

Without knowing the type of parking arrangement or the way the housing is set up its hard to make a custom answer based on that.

I can tell you however that honesty is the best policy especially with regards XXXXX XXXXX and communication is needed to be honest from the beginning.

I would merely let him know that you need the space for your guests, and that you need the space open because you never know when the guests will be showing up. Let him know that it means a lot to you that your guests can park on your property and that he probably wouldn't want your guests parking on his space because your own space was taken up by him, or having his guests parking on your property because you parked in his space.

So basically just ask him if would mind not parking there because of courtesy to your guests you want them to park by your house, especially in the case of unloading or elderly. Just calming, nicely express this to him, and let him know you would never want your guests parking in front of his house out of courtesy to him and his guests.

Honesty, and being straight forward is the best policy. Communication is key with neighbors.

SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 508
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
SpecialistMichael and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you but I live in the ghetto and here is an example of neighborly communication . The guy that used to live in the rented quad plex next to my single family mortgage house worked on cars . My friend could not start her car . He offered to have a look at it . He could not start it and after 30 minutes at most gave up and went home . This neighbor then had his kids taunt my dogs when ever I went to work as I then lived alone .I videotaped his kids throwing rocks at my dogs trying to get bitten ! He apparently had wanted mre to give him 20$ for the work that did not fix someone else's car . But he never even asked me to pay him . He thought he could get his kid bitten and sue me ! I will never confront a ghetto neighbor again . By doing nothing until the 1st when his tags expire he has been there 3 weeks and will not suspect me so it will cost him dearly but it is not on me .

Please clarify: does he move / use the car every day?
Well it sounds like there are a few separate issues regardless of the friend's car and the dog with children issues, the fact you do not want to talk to the neighbor is pretty simple.

I think your choice is easy if you do not want to confront the neighbor. Simply let the people who are responsible for clearing the streets do so. When the car is moved. Then casually start parking there.

Simply alert the highway department, parking authority or the DMV that the tags are expired or soon to be, or ask how long the action takes when you report something and do so on that timeframe. Either way the vehicle will be moved for you, because it sounds like it wouldn't otherwise be moved under its own power anyway.

Chances are he will either realize his tags are expired and move it OR the car will be towed thus freeing up your space for your guests.
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 508
Experience: Senior Information Specialist
SpecialistMichael and 36 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Its Mike,

I just wanted to follow up and make another suggestion.

I would imagine a towing company might look at that as an opportunity to retrieve some money from the owner.

Depending upon the level of frustration you have with the current situation, it might be worthwhile to call a couple of local towing and storage companies, just to see if they would be interested in the bounty of retrieving the car back once the owner realize the car has been towed.

The other option would actually be having a towing company casually approach the vehicle and seeing if they could influence him(based not on your relationship with the car or the owner) to move the vehicle "due to the length of time the vehicle has been sitting parked" or something to that effect.

You might be able to casually or anonymously request the towing company to approach the vehicle owner because it literally has been sitting in the in the street for so long.