General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

What is a reasinable selling price for 14 K gold?

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
9/15/2012
Expert: Joan, Internet Researcher replied 5 years ago
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

Are you selling gold to a friend or to a gold buyer?

Joan

The current selling price of 14K gold is $1,770.00 an Oz. Depending on who you are selling the gold to would be a good way to help base what is reasonable.

If you are selling to a gold buyer, the offer they make may be lower than the gold price per ounce. You want to check around if you are selling to a gold buyer.

If you are selling to a friend, you could purchase a gold scale and weight the gold and decide what you feel is fair knowing what the going rate per oz is. You can also ask a Jewlry store to weigh the gold and tell you what they would pay you and judge off that.

Please feel free to follow up by hitting reply and I will continue to help you until you have a satisfactory answer. My goal is 100% satisfaction.

Joan

24k gold is worth $1700-$1800 per ounce. 14k gold is not pure so it doesn't sell for the same price as 24k gold. I am trying to find a place to sell some old jewelry. I was looking for someone that had some experience selling to gold dealers that could give me a good "street" price estimate.

I have just have recently sold some of my old gold, so I am familiar. This was about 3 weeks ago.

There is no set rule because when you want to to sell. I went to 6 different places. A couple of the places were "We Buy Gold" and the others were jewlery stores. In each store I had the same gold weight, but had gotten different offers from each one of the places I went to.

The best deal I had gotten was from a Jewler who does not specialize in buying gold, but does repair and sells jewlery.

I do not feel there is a set place that will give you the best amount. My best suggestion is to stay away from the "We Buy Gold". I found they offered the the least amount for the goldand in one case told me I had less than it had been weighed out at.

I suggest shopping it around. If you have a smart phone look up the exact price when you go in to each store (becasue prices change rapidly throughout the day) Have the gold weighed out so you know what you have in weight.

Your best deal most likely will come from a Jewelry Store. Shopping it around I have found is the best way to get the most money for the gold.

If you go in armed with knowledge, you can also negotiate for the best price for the gold.

Joan

Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Joan
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher