How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21333
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What do I get back from TheDept. of Motor Vehicles with respect with my address change? I

This answer was rated:

What do I get back from TheDept.
of Motor Vehicles with respect with my address change? I've
already applied on line about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

Hello, Barbara and welcome to Just Answer.

What state do you live in?

Did you change your address to another within the same state?


Did you apply for an address change on your driver's license and registration?

Do you need to renew your license or registration at this time, or just change the address?

Thanks for all your additional information.


Customer: replied 4 years ago.

State is Florida.I simply went on line,completed the dept.'s questionaaire

but haven't heard back. I've moved & just wanted to notify them so my

current address will be reflected on my license & registration. Will I be

receiving some acknowledgement from The Dept. of Motor Vehicles &

something for the license I have that will show my new address?

Hi again, Barbara and thanks for your reply.

If you completed this form:
or clicked and filled out the change of address form for your license, there, paid the $25 fee and submitted online, you should be receiving your revised license with your new address any time now. It states that it usually takes 30 days to process and then they will mail it to you. This is only true for the newer, 'credit card' style type licenses. If you have the older type, you would need to bring it in person to your nearest DMV office and have your new address added. If you don't know the location of your nearest DMV office, please tell me your city/zipcode and I will be glad to research this for you.

If you have any further questions, you can call their Customer Service center here:

Customer Service Center
(850)(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Customer Service Center representatives are available to assist you Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5:45 p.m., (EST). Please be prepared to provide your driver license number, Social Security number or title or Vehicle Identification Number to the automated system. The Customer Service Center has a high call volume between 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. Consider calling at other times of day for a faster response time.

Automated information is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at(NNN) NNN-NNNN


If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, direct your reply to me, "Cher", and I will be happy to continue our conversation.

IMPORTANT: If you found my answer helpful, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit for assisting you.

Please rate when you are satisfied with my answer. My only goal is your satisfaction!

Best regards,

Cher and 42 other General Specialists are ready to help you

Related General Questions