General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Where can I get the strobe lights that are on the rockerfeller

Christmas tree?...
Where can I get the strobe lights that are on the rockerfeller Christmas tree?
8/21/2012
Chris L., Support Specialist
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

It took a bit of research but I was able to find a company that does lights for the tree. They are called wordstage. :
http://worldstage.squarespace.com/blog/2011/12/1/rockefeller-center-christmas-tree-lighting.html

Now since we don't know the exact model light you need it may be tough as many lights are used in the tree display.

I did find that worldstage is selling a bunch of their lights used. On the following page you will see what they have available as well as a contact email address. I suggest you use that email address to see if you can get the model name or number of the specific light you are looking for. Also they may have one available for you to buy. Here is the link:
http://worldstage.squarespace.com/lighting/

Sorry I cannot give you anything more specific but that will not be possible without knowing the name/model of the light you are looking for.

If you still need help, please do not mark poor or bad service, instead just Reply back and let me know, we'll continue right away!

Thank You
-Chris

World stage doesn't light the rockerfeller Christmas tree . Thet do other lighting at The tree... I need to find out the contact info for Th people who light the tree so I can find the strobes they use??? I really need those strobes!!!
Thanks Bill
Bill,

The strobes you need are on the actual tree itself?

I will look into it more and see what I can find.

Yes the strobes are on the tree itself. The tree is lit with many multi color
Lights along with scattered strobes.
Thanks Bll,
OK I will look, in the meantime I am going to relist the question to see if any other experts on the site know the answer. Two experts working on your issue is better than one!
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
Hello. I can provide you with the information you require.

Arett supplies 30,000 LED light bulbs for
the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree via
Arett’s customer Turtle and Hughes in
Linden, NJ.

Please let me know if this is the information you are looking for. Here is a link to the source.

Linden-based company supplies LED
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant

Thanks but this company only supplies the led lights not the strobes.
I need to find out who supplies the strobes!!!
Bill Kilgus

Got it. I will find the makers of those strobe lights if it kills me.

We basically know so far who provided every light bulb in Rockefeller Center except the one you want information on!

What I've done today is to reach out to Turtle & Hughes and Worldstage to see if they could fill in that little missing piece.

I will let you know what I find out.

Thanks...I gave you an excellent rating and will be glad to tip when we find the strobe lights. I got no where with worldstag and turtle and Hughes.
Property management of rockerfeller center????
Please find them
Thanks Bill
Thank you, Bill.

I certainly feel like I'm on a mission here.

I'll have to find out if they take the lead on orginizing it. I would think so. I'll check.

Still waiting for answer on the strobe lights
Still trying to find out.

I figured I would give them a couple of days to respond - until tomorrow.

Still looking elsewhere and I will give you an update.

Any luck yet?
Nothing new yet. I did put a call into the management company.

What's going on? Just ans. Just charged me 50.00 and ive got no ans??? Please get back to me.
Thanks Bill
I don't have insight into accounts and billing, but with regard to your question, I have made some progress, although without the help of the property manager. I finally have a picture of the light to use as reference. This allows me to do image-based searches. What I can say is that it's quite a bit different from anything I've ever seen, but I will find it.

graphic
,
, ,
Yes that is the strobe light!!! Property management is not getting back with you? Pleas keep at it!!!!!
Thanks Bill
Oh, thank God. You have no idea - or maybe you do - how much investigation I've had to do to get this far.

They did get back to me, but were pretty ignorant about the whole thing. This picture is something I found by scouring hundreds of recent pictures of the tree. Not many are close up, and far fewer are taken during the day when you can see them.

Now that I have a picture, I have something to go on. I'm glad you were able to confirm it. My next stop on the strobe trail is Erik Pauze, the head gardener at Rockefeller Center. He's the one that hires the companies that put all this stuff up.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
charlie with some electric company does the install but doesn't sell the strobes
Thanks for the tip. That information will prove invaluable. Undecided
Any luck yet? Need to get them soon!!!
Still trying to find out... working on it today.

How's it going?
I haven't given up. I talked to a friend in the business of stage lighting in NY and he's working on it as well. When I sent him the picture he said he'd not seen a strobe light like that before, but he could tell from seeing what's inside that he can narrow it down quite a bit based on the type of strobe it is. What type that is, he hasn't told me yet, but I'm working it from all angles!

PS. I know you've been waiting and you need it ASAP. And I am actively working on it. I don't want you to think I have forgotten.
Have you talked to pretty management?
No, someone from Tishman Speyer.
yes they are the management company.
They couldn't tell you?
No... I contacted them a while back. No idea. Or they didn't care to help me... but either way, they were of no help at all.

How. About Charlie with the electric company? A con electric? I sent you that info but I don't see it here
Charlie atlas a con electric 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX ( only talk to Charlie)
Dawn with management XXX-XXX-XXXX
You didn't provide info on the electric company, just "charlie with some electric company does the install but doesn't sell the strobe"

Are these people that you know? I can't see the phone numbers since they are blocked for privacy. I'm not sure how these people are related to explain to them why I'm calling them specifically.

The guy from the gardening dept told me to talk to Charlie at a con electric,
The girl works for property management and takes car o the tree.
Ihav to get an ans. By wed. Or I'll have to work on this myself.
Thanks Bill
Ok... thanks for the additiona information. That will help. I'll give them a call.

Their phone numbers are blocked by the site... can you try a different format, like commas, so it will show them, or even a link to them on google maps? Sorry for the inconvenience.
I've been in contact with dawn at property
Management. Are you still working on this? Dawn is supposed to call me back. Do you have any way of finding this strobe light?
Still working on it actively. My friend told me that it looks like it's custom made from automotive strobes. The idea is plausable, as I've found very similar bulbs in that category, but still not an exact match. Here's an example. Still looking though.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant