How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mr. Gregory White Your Own Question
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 5240
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Type Your Question Here...
Mr. Gregory White is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how and where can I obtain a certificate/evidence of a name

This answer was rated:

how and where can I obtain a certificate/evidence of a name change, if the name was changed due to marriage back in 1996, and there are no papers handy to attest to the fact? thank you

You will need to contact the department of vital records and statistics for the county in which you were married (and consequently changed your name). The marriage certificate is what is going to be needed in this case and that is handled by the county office where you obtained and registered your marriage certificate.

If you need help tracking down the department you need, send me the county and state where your marriage certificate was filed and I will provide the necessary contact information.

Have a wonderful rest of the day and all the best to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

manhattan NY. thank you!

No problem


Here is the information you need. Just copy and paste into new browser window.
Mr. Gregory White and 26 other General Specialists are ready to help you