General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Hello I am arthur XXXXXXX from gauteng s.africa. I am very…

Hello I am arthur XXXXXXX...
Hello I am arthur XXXXXXX from gauteng s.africa. I am very interested in the stars etc. in our early morning night sky 2 very bright stars rise from the east, the one is red in colour which I think is Mars but the other one is much brighter, is it perhaps the intl space station? Thank you
8/10/2012
Chris L., Support Specialist
Hello Arthur and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

While I cannot say for sure what you are seeing I can tell you how to find out!

Please use the following website:
http://neave.com/planetarium/

Once on the site you can set your location, next click your location on the map and choose done.

You will now be shown a map of stars/planets and you can see if you can locate the one you are seeing.

It will take some practice to get used to how the map works, but hopefully you can locate what you are seeing.

Also please have a look at this website which actually allows you to track the location of international space stations!
http://www.isstracker.com/

If you need more help please let me know.

Thank you and good luck with your search, I am also very fascinated with stars and the solar system.
-Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist