General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Is their a problem with going into a big company store like

pcworldcurrys in the town or...
Is their a problem with going into a big company store like pcworldcurrys in the town or any place to buy stuff where i live in the UK town and keep asking questions and keep looking around for products i don't need just looking and what i do need, because my parents think people working their will find me funny and a bit weird if i always come in to look around but still buy stuff and ask lots of questions since i have illnesses that affect me more I live in the UK i have paranoid schizophrenia and OCD? Am asking about customer service how it should be.
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2012
SpecialistMichael

Customer:

My name is XXXXX XXXXX you available?

Customer :

yes for a bit

Customer :

have to have a bath sorry

Customer :

in a moment

Customer :

but a quick chat will do

Customer :

no problem

Customer :

am mangawill1 and mangawill2 if you didn't know just kept doing wrong things on those accounts so on this one now

Customer :

should be safe now

Customer:

Its perfectly ok

Customer:

how is everything?

Customer :

well family problems with my illnesses i mentioned

Customer:

Its Mike, I helped you with the country technology question

Customer :

*like i mentioned

Customer :

yes i remember you

Customer:

well your question was " is it ok" to browse for a long time in a store

Customer:

right?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i saw your photo and knew it was you instantly

Customer:

:)

Customer:

glad to work with you again

Customer :

it doesn't help my parents to keep bringing up the past of saying pcworldcurrys or whatever exactly they think your crazy or mad to keep going in their to look to buy sometimes or not much or look all the time or mostly

Customer :

that's how they used to say to me before they knew i was ill

Customer :

you to

Customer:

Heres the thing

Customer:

obviously your parents really want to look out for you

Customer:

my parents do too

Customer :

with any customer service in the UK i feel it's bad going in their looking at one thing for a long time then moving to the next in any shop like i brought a pc their recently thought that sales man had something against me by not phoning me back because of that?

Customer :

pcworldcurrys now in my town

Customer :

or the other way around

Customer:

look at it this way William

Customer:

they are customer service for a reason

Customer:

they are there to help educate customers whether they buy or not

Customer :

be back in a moment just leave messages

Customer :

sorry

Customer:

EVEN IF a person doesnt buy a product, if they had a positive experience with a person, they may mention THAT to a friend which could turn into a sale

Customer:

its there duty as the employee to assist

Customer:

ok i will keep typing

Customer:

So really, being that I can tell you are a considerate person, provided you aren't hounding a person that would prevent them from doing their job its perfectly acceptable to have questions, to browse, to look around

Customer:

even if you ask the same person

Customer:

if they can't do their job because of someone being ridiculous thats one thing

Customer:

but i can tell immediately you are concerned and have common sense and that you are not doing that

Customer:

so its not even an issue

Customer:

I have been in customer service for a long time, in regards XXXXX XXXXX(of other things)

Customer:

i would ttalk to people for HOURS and hours

Customer:

and have no problem with it, because my concern was making sure they were happy with their information

Customer:

and i knew that they were happy, so i was doing my job, and in the future that turned into great relationships and eventually sales

Customer:

so you need not worry, if you have questions ask them to the people

Customer:

if you want to learn, ask those questions

Customer:

thats their job

Customer:

just let me know when youre back in :)

Customer :

hi back

Customer :

it's my parents my think everywhere when they came to this country that every business is trying to make money cheat their money don't care just want to sell sell sell that's it make profits don't care about the customer just commissions and wages

Customer :

even if big and small

Customer:

thats going to be business dependent

Customer:

any business that doesnt recognize customer service as a priority probably doesnt value repeat business or good relations with customers

Customer:

customer service is the foundation of how businesses succeed

Customer:

botXXXXX XXXXXne

Customer :

well my cousins friend he damaged my pc tower scratches on it and/or his staff maybe am not sure didn't see those scratches into after he didn't say sorry for the scratches it was his fault and he made mistakes at least but he didn't and he still charged me £49.95 even though he knew me since he was the boss or manager same thing took him 3-4 weeks to sort it out doesn't care if whoever he knows basically like saying in capitals and in bold print and text £49.95 for any problem cost that's it and I asked him to explain on my pc what to do again he said i just told you and joked with him one day about star wars since i knew he liked it he said yeah yeah without finding it funny at all and no expressions.

Customer :

had to rush him for it

Customer :

whereas another shop 1 person their everyone saying he's honest which is true i go in their all the times ask as many questions as possible doesn't keep saying bring the pc or whatever i will look at it like my friends shop does they all say bring in the pc so we can help you

Customer :

so my friends place even a simple problem £49.95 fixed price for any pc or laptop problems and other pc stuff

Customer :

the other shop bring in my pc 2 weeks ago monday said target date 2 days after did it in about 5 days a simple problem

Customer :

the other shop that's honest

Customer :

one guy doing lots of pcs all himself

Customer:

ah i see

Customer :

likes to help customers i can see doesn't get annoyed if repeating questions over and over again

Customer:

right

Customer:

and thats EXACTLY what customer service should be

Customer:

obviously he has to draw his line on what he should be sharing vs what kind of work he should be doing

Customer:

but it sounds like that one guy has the idea

Customer :

it's these places even my parents say don't keep going into the one i go to now to look around and rush him for the pc he's always says that's alright when i say sorry for anything

Customer:

he sounds incredibly polite, and really really sounds like he cares

Customer:

i think thats probably the difference

Customer:

it sounds like he really appreciates the customers and wants them to be comfortable with any and all information

Customer :

do you know if i can chat with you privately don't want people to find out on the internet am saying something bad about my city otherwise they would know and everyone will say this person saying bad things about our city who is he we must find out my parents must have got that experience over 30 years ago when they were born there then came to my town about 20-30 years time that everything that is a business is trying to make money that's it full stop?

Customer :

just a question about my parents really?

Customer :

maybe you have a private email address

Customer:

this is private and only we can see it, once the question is closed it goes to archive

Customer:

only we can see it

Customer:

and nobody can see a live chat, I control the closing of the question once we are done

Customer:

do you have additional questions Will?

Customer:

I want to make sure you understand how customer service should be - the one man who answers all your questions is doing exactly what he should

Customer :

oh you mean once we close this question no one can see it?

Customer:

correct it becomes part of the JA archive

Customer :

yes i do but the original question my parents said that to me they kept saying don't always keep going into pcworldcurrys they will think your a bit odd or weird or crazy or mad not buying anything keep asking questions like i have problems they can tell from you

Customer :

that's why i phoned up pcworldcurrys so stressed even more from my dad phoned up and shouted almost on the phone saying why did that sales man and sales advisor not phone me back phoned up 3 times and he left work before 8 i think he has something against him and i said at the start i want to speck to your manager or deputy manager he said on the phone at the start he's not here i said i want to complain that the knowhow service whatever happens premier for your pc they didn't even know something simple like oh just ask the store in your town since you saw your knowhow service there i had to say it then they said you can give it a try or good idea i think something simple didn't give me advise and asked me to go to a different city far away from me poole in Dorset

Customer :

i phoned up sorry not my dad

Customer :

dad was saying don't always go in their think your crazy, mad, weird or odd and annoying that's why he didn't phone him up

Customer :

that's why i phoned up sorry

Customer :

he said maybe he's got something against you because Chinese annoying

Customer :

now i have to say sorry to that sales man or sales person just for doing something my parents said

Customer :

or something against me

Customer:

sounds like you are just dealing with a single store owner, who values customers though, and another store that just wants sales and doesnt follow up

Customer:

you don't need to apologize to the other guys

Customer:

they clearly just operate different from the smaller store guy who values customer interaction

Customer :

am talking about pcworldcurrys do you know that?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

you don't need to apologize

Customer:

its their job and duty to answer questions

Customer :

oh but my mum said that he will get sacked he's only trying to make a living don't sack him i was just asking a few questions before actually getting in the pc then after i won't bother with him let me help others otherwise why would i need him he was the one that help me buy it

Customer :

i said i was just asking a few questions before actually getting in the pc then after i won't bother with him let me help others otherwise why would i need him he was the one that help me buy it

Customer:

but William, i am confident he would excuse himself if he needed to attend to something else

Customer :

i left my phone number 2 times phoned up every few hours and the 3rd time finished work

Customer :

well my parents said maybe he was busy

Customer:

chances are they were probably busy in store

Customer:

yea

Customer :

dealing with other customers

Customer:

its tough to answer the phone sometimes

Customer:

yea i would agree it sounds like

Customer:

i speak by experience on that

Customer :

so not sure what to do now i complained if am wrong he will think that fing Asian complained over nothing?

Customer:

chances are nothing will come of his complaint

Customer:

unless he is a person who gets complained upon alot

Customer:

the other thing to consider is that if they were in fact very busy

Customer:

they probably all knew how hard it was to spend alot of time on 1 thing

Customer :

so what do you mean by?: they probably all knew how hard it was to spend alot of time on 1 thing

Customer :

does that mean i should say sorry

Customer:

no you don't have to say sorry

Customer:

what i mean was when a store is very busy, lots of calls, emails, orders, in person customers - if they are short staffed its just hard to get to everything sometimes

Customer:

esp if the store was busy

Customer:

because while youc an miss phone calls sometimes, you can just "miss" in person people

Customer:

you dont have to say sorry

Customer :

what's esp?

Customer:

*especially*

Customer:

sorry :)

Customer :

no problem

Customer :

what should i do i shouted at one staff what i said before and said i will phone up the deputy manager tomorrow and the other guy knows my name the one that answered my compliant and he will tell the sales person i had a go at him and they will think this guy is totally weird or odd or crazy or mad because he looks like he has a problem since my support worker was with me and my dad and saying things sit down will don't be anxious

Customer :

?

Customer:

if you feel compelled

Customer:

just ring the store ask to speak to him

Customer:

say that you feel bad about shouting at him that you were just frustrated from not hearing back and then just say you want him to know you are sorry

Customer:

make it short and simple

Customer:

he will greatly appreciate the apology

Customer:

im sure he probably knows you were just frustrated

Customer:

everyone has bad days

Customer:

does that help Will?

Customer :

yes

Customer :

i will chat tomorrow and finish off and close this chat if you don't mind because have a few other things to say is that ok?

Customer:

Have I answered your questions for today ?

Will please remember to provide a rating for today's conversation, the question will close but will re-open the next time you 'Reply' to it.
So does it mean am wrong about the way I got angry with them and complained or i was they right bit confused?
No. It really was a simple mistake. You were having a less than ideal day from the sounds of it and the outburst was just a slip.

Like we talked about before, I think everyone knows what its like to have an "off" day and be a little bit frustrated.
off day means just one off?
Sorry i meant what does an "off" day mean?
An "off" day is what I term a day that isn't really a good day.

An "on" day would be a nice day, everything going as planned - nice and pleasant.

Everyone has "off" days mate.

Please remember to rate all my answers - the ratings really help.
Can we chat so I can give out private information on here since you said no one can see out chat on justanswers and online right only between me and you?
The system doesn't allow private information and automatically blocks it.

Before we start today - did I answer your questions from yesterday as you needed them answered? I Just want to be sure.

Ratings on the answers and conversations would really be helpful for me from yesterday and today.
But the thing is this is meant to be like a forum where people can just see other people's questions and answers and if they do they have to be a member and/or pay extra to view it even as a member or a none member I think?
You have nothing to worry about - the question will be closed and archived only once the answers are all rated - otherwise it would be open for our correspondence.

Then you can just open up a new session with me in chat format and we can go from there.
Well my parents come from Hong Kong and the customer service before i was born 20-30 years ago maybe wasn't that good and the last time my mum went their they were so rude said just for looking around and my dad's relative or friend i think said are you going to buy if not go away making trouble not buying anything or some other rude stuff happened to my mum the person related to mydad or his friend happened not long ago and onepointed and said can you afford that he was justlooking my dad's friend or related to him said that to him like he can't afford it or poor.
I would agree - I think your parents would too: customer service is simply NOT what it used to be.
Well i think when Hong Kong got back from China customer service got worse even last time my Auntie went their she got so angry she sweared at them in English not long ago since she goes to Hong Kong once or twice a year.
Businesses are simply transitioning from customer service based to volume sale based.

What did you mean sorry?
They simply do not care about positive customer interactions, only trying to make the sale and ignoring everything else - hence their responses to you.

After this response I will be unable to respond to another response unless my responses are rated.
SpecialistMichael
Right sorry and thank you.
The other question I have is i used to get disrespect when i was just bending down to look at something since can't see the bottom without bending my knees, not sure if it is my mental illness and/or illness but actually saw someone in dixons then or dixons digital or dixons currys that staff working there was copying me at the same time because it was funny and stupid they maybe thought the manager or deputy manager was their and a few others, she was finding him funny and so was he when he copied me found it funny?
What do you mean disrespect?
Why he was mimicking and making fun of me I saw him copying me when I did it i saw it by looking to the left at him. I don't know I was going through a bad time then that was in 2004 almost very ill.
I think the guy would have done that to anyone - it didn't have anything to do with you. There are just mean, rude people like that. You can't just look at someone and tell they may be ill, I would be willing to bet he did it to a bunch of other people that day.

Don't concern yourself with idiots like that - there are some in the world that simply won't go away - pay them no mind, just be concerned with yourself. Really mate.

By the way, rating my other answers really only helps me. They don't cost anything additional past your membership. If you could take a minute and rate them so I know how they were, it would be appreciated - its how we receive feedback for our customer interactions.
Sorry if you wanted me to accept another rating I can't only do it once per question and follow up if i need to like now. Wish I could but happened the first time on my account so have to be careful.
You are allowed to rate each answer however you wish, as many answers as you wish.

Rating provides positive feedback to the expert(me in this case) so we can adjust our answers - its helpful for the people that spend their time assisting customers like you.
Well I was told by the support department Adam S. Roesel said only one accept if happy or follow up after I think it's better if you chat with him it's difficult to get through to him or support since he doesn't work in the weekends?
Is it ok to ask follow up questions since not sure if you found out about the support department or Adam S. Roesel?
Everything is good to go.

However as per the rules of JustAnswer the followup questions need to immediately pertain to the original question asked.

If they are new queries you just need to open a new question for FitnessMike.
Yes it's customer service how it should be. At Dell customer support on the phone a manager for fixing my pc or repairing it i said sorry say it all again i just said it once was really ill then he sighed with his breath to describe it better and then i said what do you need to me to do. Isn't that totally rude?
Often times when some people try to explain a solution or a fix to a problem, and have to explain it a few different ways, they get frustrated.

However this is not frustration upon you, merely within them self. Some people just express this to the outside environment.
Right ok. When I used to buy Japanese Animation card games people thought it was funny when i brought them or even looked at them and finding me funny among the staff in the two toy shops but those Japanese Animation cards were for any age it's not like baby toys like a plastic baby i was buying not sure if it was my paranoid schizophrenia and OCD making me think that about everyone in that toy shop and the other toy shop same business speaking to his mum both finding me funny look at those Japanese Animation card game just by looking they think in both businesses their for kids why you buying them a bit of a baby and at my age but funny, weird and odd? It's like they only want me to look at things my age.
Don't mind anyone Will, really.

Enjoyment of collecting and playing card games shouldn't be decided by anyone but the collector/player.
Because the Japanese card game is to a certain age that's why they think am a bit childish and that's why i said before that's why they think that, but people play that game online and collect and play them in the UK every age because I think you get clubs but for sure places where you compete in tournaments. Have you heard of yugioh the trading card game?
I have actually heard of yugioh, though never played.

Do you have any additional questions for me William? I know you had concerns of this specific question staying open and logged so I wanted to make sure.

We can close this and you can start another question since we are straying from the original question and it's staying open.

Am sorting out my subscription first so i will sort that out then close this thread if you think we should i know you need to get paid.
Its no issue William :). I just remember you had a few concerns.

We just need to stick to JA rules. I will close it since we covered the first portion and you can open a new question and request me so we can continue to work.
Thank you very much FitnessSpecialist.
Mike works as well.

Its been a pleasure William. Looking forward to more work with you.
What do you mean by Mike works as well?
My name is Mike

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Thank you Mike for answering my question.
It was a pleasure working with you - looking forward to working with you again.
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS