Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

We believe we have bed bugs.o we get rid of them ?

We believe we have bed bugs.how do we get rid of them ?
Hello, Marcel and welcome back to Just Answer.

I'm so sorry to hear you believe you have bed bugs.

As I'm sure you've heard, these are typically difficult to get rid of, but there are several treatments that are successful, but may not be immediate. First, sprinkle food grade diatomaceous earth powder into the seams and top surface of your mattress; next, encase your mattress in a heavy plastic mattress cover; this will deprive them of oxygen and prevent further infestation. Next, sprinkle the diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of your bed and right up against baseboards, around the room. Also, cut 16 ounce plastic drinking cups in half and fill the bottom with some DE (diatomaceous earth) and place under the legs of your bed as a deterrent for them to crawl up onto the bed.

The following site will provide you with different remedies for getting rid of these troublesome critters. Try to read all the comments from all the contributors and you will find out what works and what doesn't work, so you don't spend money on items that have been proven not to make a difference:

http://www.badbedbugs.com/how-to-get-rid-of-bed-bugs/

I hope this helped, and I wish you much good luck!

IMPORTANT: If you are satisfied with my answer, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of my positive feedback from clients like you!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,
Cher