How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Your Own Question
Mark, eConsultant
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 11332
Experience:  General Expert
Type Your Question Here...
Mark is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi there recently I was driving my lifted truck through town

This answer was rated:

Hi there recently I was driving my lifted truck through town and got pulled over by the mto and they took my plates and I had to tow my truck home,,,they wrote unfit vehicle right across my ownership,,,they said if I get the truck sAfteyed I can register it again and continue driving it,,,my question is this,,I have a guy that wants to buy the truck right now and he is aware of what has happened,,,is it possible for him to buy it then saftey it himself,,,,???because I'm wondering if he can still register it in his name but not drive it on the road until he gets a saftey done for it,,,please let me know thanks!!!!!
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Mark.

Yes, you can still sell the truck and transfer the ownership papers to the new owner. The only thing the new owner won't be able to do is get insurance for it until it is inspected.

I hope that helps to answer your question, but if you need anything else feel free to reply back.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you are seeking.

Thank you,

Mark and 17 other General Specialists are ready to help you