Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Just had a colonoscopy and the doctor told me he perforated

Just had a colonoscopy and the doctor told me he perforated by bowel, had to make a call to my family to let them know I was going back into surgery to fix my perforated bowel before poisoning set in. Couldn't get hold of anyone, found my husbands mobile phone in my bag. Just left messages on their phones. The doctor was rushing me before it was going to be too late as by bowel was leaking.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am still waiting on an answer to my dream. I'm actually having this surgery on Monday. Thank you. Karen
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Hello Karen, and welcome to Just Answer.

I believe you had this dream because the surgery on Monday is on your mind and you're worried about something going wrong. This is very normal, especially with the anticipation of medical procedures. The worries you have during your non-sleeping hours are carrying over into your dreams and you're imagining scenarios that are frightening and frustrating. Very often, in dreams, we are unable to reach someone by phone or other means, in emergency situations, and this is just a manifestation of your 'expectation' and worry of what could possibly go wrong.

My best wishes that all will go according to plan on Monday and I believe you will be fine!

IMPORTANT: If you are satisfied with my answer, please choose a positive rating like this one Laughing for 'Excellent Service', so I may receive credit for my help. I'm very proud of my positive feedback from clients like you!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Cher

Many thanks for your answer. I have alot going on with my life, I've been bully, harrassed and victimised at my last job, after 4 months of leaving I worked the courage up to right a letter to the previous employer (the Alliance partner of this construction job), to notify the Alliance partner what my employer had done to me over the last 12 months, my previous employer has been getting dirty, ringing people to write nasty letters, ringing my previous employers to get dirt on me, this has been eating me away, I've stood up to be heard and to protect others on site. I believe that surgery is probably the last thing I would worry about, I've had this procedure done 6 times over the years, I'm actually get excited about getting some sleep, having a day off work etc. If you believe that this is playing on my subconscious I'm happy with that.

Regards

Karen

Hi again, Karen and you're most welcome.

Thanks very much for your reply with additional information.

I'm so sorry to hear about the personal angst that you have been put through over the past year, with your previous employer. You were certainly treated badly and if there is any professional organization or union you can complain to or get advice from, I would recommend seeking that out. I'm not a lawyer and certainly am not familiar with Australian law, but you might want to report your previous employer's actions to the authorities and/or discuss this with the police, as he might be doing something illegal in 'blackballing' you in the industry and requesting information from previous employers, although you are already away from that troublesome job. I think you did the right thing in standing up for yourself and for others in this terrible situation.

Since you've had this procedure done 6 times successfully in the past, there should be nothing to worry about. Your dream about something going wrong was most likely influenced by all the other things on your (conscious and sub-conscious) mind re: your awful job experience and the frustrations and worries you've had to put up with in the recent past.

Your positive attitude about getting some peaceful sleep, having a day off from work, etc. is great! Keep thinking those positive thoughts, push everything else negative, away, and all will be fine on Monday.

If you would please let me know how you are feeling and how everything went on Monday after the procedure, I would appreciate it! Simply click 'Reply to Expert' as you did just now. Our communication will not be cut off, even after you rate my answer.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Cher

Just want to let you know that my surgery went well, unfortunately there is nothing they can do for me, I have a rare condition that no one can fix, just put up with pain for the rest of my life. It's all good, just need to keep my mind focused on not feeling the pain.

Good news, the union is now involved in my case with my previous employer. So hope all good comes out of this.

Thanks for being concerned, you are so lovely, and I appreciate it.

Enjoy your evening.

Regards

Karen

Hi again, Karen and thanks very much for your update and your kind words. They are greatly appreciated!

Also, thanks for your patience, as I was offline when you posted.

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well, but it's unfortunate that there's not much they can do for your rare condition and that you have to live with the pain. You have a great attitude, though, and that's most important!

It's very encouraging that the Union is now involved with your case, so I hope the outcome is in your favor!

Take good care of yourself, Karen, and please let me know if you ever have any future questions for me. Just begin your post with 'For Cher' and I will answer ASAP.

Best regards,
Cher