Hi again, Anthony and thanks very much for your reply and your accept.
Scroll down to the *****(starred) items I marked for you. There is 'expedited service' for an extra fee, but once you apply, I doubt you can get your passport in one day. Here is additional information if you need a passport and are traveling within the next 14 days:http://travel.state.gov/passport/processing/processing_1740.html
(scroll about 1/2 down the page).
Also, see this: http://travel.state.gov/passport/npic/schedule/schedule_852.html
Here is the homepage for the following information:http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html
Here are the requirements for obtaining a U.S. Passport, which I copied here for you:
US Passport - Applying in Person
You must apply for a US passport in person if:
- You are applying for your first U.S. passport or
- You are under age 16 or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16 or
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged or
- Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
- Your name has changed since your US passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
Also note that there are special rules for all minors under age 16 and all minors age 16 and 17.
Proof of US Citizenship Required: When applying for a U.S. passport in person, you will need to provide proof of US citizenship. The following documents will be accepted as proof of US citizenship:
If you do not have primary evidence of U.S. citizenship or your birth certificate does not meet the requirements, you can submit an acceptable form of Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship.
NOTE: Effective April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State began requiring the full names of the applicant's parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information are no longer acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This did not affect applications already in-process that had been submitted or accepted before April 1, 2011. See: 22 CFR 51.42(a)
US Passport Application Form: You will also need to fill out, but not sign, Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport. This form must be signed in the presence of the Passport Agent.
US Passport Photographs: You will need to provide two (2) identical, passport-quality photographs with you application for a US passport.
Your US passport photographs must be:
- Identical and in color
- 2 x 2 inches in size
- Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
- Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
- Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
- Vending machine photos are not generally acceptable
- You can take your own digital photographs if they meet the US passport requirements for digital photographs.
*****Proof of Identification Required: When you apply for a US passport in person, you will need to present at least one acceptable form of identification, including:
- Previously issued, undamaged US passport
- Valid Driver's License
- Naturalization Certificate
- Current government ID (city, state or federal)
- Current Military ID (military and dependents)
Where to Apply in Person for a US Passport: You can apply in person for a US passport at any Passport Acceptance Facility (usually a Post Office).
******Processing Fees for a US Passport: When you apply for a US passport, you will need to pay the current US passport processing fee. You can also request expedited US passport processing for an additional $60.00 fee.
*******Need Your US Passport Fast? If you need expedited processing of your application for a US passport, the State Department strongly suggests you schedule an appointment.
How Long Will it Take? Current processing times for US passport applications can be found on the State Department's Applications Processing Times web page. Once you have applied for a US passport, you can check the status of your application online.
I hope this helped!