How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21421
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is there any way i can pick my identification card up ? I

Resolved Question:

Is there any way i can pick my identification card up ?

I need it to fly in 11 days
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello Anthony, and welcome!

Which identification card are you referring to? A State ID from the Department of Motor Vehicles, or something else?

When did you apply for the Identification card and were you told it would be mailed to you?

Can you tell me which state you're located in?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes state identification card from department of motor vehicles.

I applied in modesto ca. today

and yes i was told it would be mailed.. but i need it sooner

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, Anthony and thank you for your reply with additional information.

It might be possible to pick it up, due to your extenuating circumstances, but although they say it will be mailed within 60 days, it could come earlier. However, since you're in a bind because you need the ID card to fly in 11 days, call this number: 1–800–777–0133 to ask if you can come in person to pick it up.

If the answer should be 'no' and they are only permitted to mail it to you, ask if they can mail it within the next few days, as you need it to fly, in about a week.

If you are not able to get the card before you fly, you can still show proof of identity with the following items acceptable by the TSA: an old or expired State ID or driver's license, the receipt from your order of the current ID card, your birth certificate, passport, and any of the items listed here:

The TSA screeners have access to databases to find your proof of identity, especially if you have already applied for the ID card, have had a card or driver's license in the past, etc.

I hope all will work out for you and wish you safe travel!

Please let me know if you need any additional information or clarification by clicking 'Reply' and directing your response to me, 'Cher'.

A Positive Rating and Feedback are always welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher and 12 other General Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Cher and thank you so much for the quick response. I have another question.

Do you think it would be possible to obtain a passport? I have an expired driver license id also the receipt for my idenification replacement card and a debit card with my name on it.
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Anthony and you're most welcome!

It's my pleasure to be of help to you!

You would like to have this passport before your travel, in 11 days?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Yes , is there some type way i can get an overnight shipment ?

have you heard of this?

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hi again, Anthony and thanks very much for your reply and your accept.

Scroll down to the *****(starred) items I marked for you. There is 'expedited service' for an extra fee, but once you apply, I doubt you can get your passport in one day. Here is additional information if you need a passport and are traveling within the next 14 days: (scroll about 1/2 down the page).

Also, see this:

Here is the homepage for the following information:

Here are the requirements for obtaining a U.S. Passport, which I copied here for you:

US Passport - Applying in Person

You must apply for a US passport in person if:

  • You are applying for your first U.S. passport or
  • You are under age 16 or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued when you were under age 16 or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen, or damaged or
  • Your previous U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago or
  • Your name has changed since your US passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change

Also note that there are special rules for all minors under age 16 and all minors age 16 and 17.


Proof of US Citizenship Required: When applying for a U.S. passport in person, you will need to provide proof of US citizenship. The following documents will be accepted as proof of US citizenship:

If you do not have primary evidence of U.S. citizenship or your birth certificate does not meet the requirements, you can submit an acceptable form of Secondary Evidence of US Citizenship.


NOTE: Effective April 1, 2011, the U.S. Department of State began requiring the full names of the applicant's parent(s) to be listed on all certified birth certificates to be considered as primary evidence of U.S. citizenship for all passport applicants, regardless of age. Certified birth certificates missing this information are no longer acceptable as evidence of citizenship. This did not affect applications already in-process that had been submitted or accepted before April 1, 2011. See: 22 CFR 51.42(a)

US Passport Application Form: You will also need to fill out, but not sign, Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport. This form must be signed in the presence of the Passport Agent.


US Passport Photographs: You will need to provide two (2) identical, passport-quality photographs with you application for a US passport.


Your US passport photographs must be:

  • Identical and in color
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire:
  • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
  • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
  • If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
  • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
  • Vending machine photos are not generally acceptable
  • You can take your own digital photographs if they meet the US passport requirements for digital photographs.

*****Proof of Identification Required: When you apply for a US passport in person, you will need to present at least one acceptable form of identification, including:

  • Previously issued, undamaged US passport
  • Valid Driver's License
  • Naturalization Certificate
  • Current government ID (city, state or federal)
  • Current Military ID (military and dependents)

Where to Apply in Person for a US Passport: You can apply in person for a US passport at any Passport Acceptance Facility (usually a Post Office).


******Processing Fees for a US Passport: When you apply for a US passport, you will need to pay the current US passport processing fee. You can also request expedited US passport processing for an additional $60.00 fee.


*******Need Your US Passport Fast? If you need expedited processing of your application for a US passport, the State Department strongly suggests you schedule an appointment.


How Long Will it Take? Current processing times for US passport applications can be found on the State Department's Applications Processing Times web page. Once you have applied for a US passport, you can check the status of your application online.



I hope this helped!


Best regards,