Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

IsFrom: Walmart Shopper [[email protected]] Sent:

IsFrom: Walmart Shopper [[email protected]]
Sent: April-17-12 6:28 AM
To:[email protected]
Subject: Walmart Shopper

Good Day,

Thank you for your prompt response. We would like to let you know that you have been selected in your area. We have documented a file for you and it is on record. We want you to run a survey on two business ventures in your area.

The 1st is a Money Gram or Western Union Location
The 2nd a Restaurant/ WALMART Store

There has been reports about lapse i
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello Vic, and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to answer your question today.

You are very wise to be wary of this!

If this was received as an unsolicited email, it's most likely a scam. The fact that it contains the words 'Money Gram' and 'Western Union' is another thing that makes me suspicious, because in my experience, many scams involve the person being sent a check, asked to deposit that check in their bank account, and then 'wire' a portion of the money back to the sender. In the end, it turns out the check was bad, your bank account is debited, and you lose your money, while the scammer gets your cash.

Here is an example of one type of Walmart shopper scam:
http://www.walmartstores.com/PrivacySecurity/9567.aspx

I would definitely view this as a scam and not respond or have anything to do with the sender. You can report it as spam so your email server has it on file.

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply' and directing your question to me, "Cher".

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If this is a scam who shoul I report it to?

Have there been other reports from e-MAILS sent from

this bluemail.org e-mail

.

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

Email addresses are typically 'X-d' out on the site, for your security, so I did not know the name of the organization that sent you the email until you mentioned blumail.org just now.
Yes, this email is has been reported online before as associated with scams and your particular 'letter' with the same wording was sent to others:
http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=30349

You can report it [email protected] and also notify your local law enforcement agency about it.

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you

I thought it would be good to bring this to the attention to the general public. The letter sent to me was not very professional and lacked a lot of continutity, and jumped from sending money by postal order to a bank account. I will send a copy of it to WalMart as you suggest.

How many question can I ask

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, Vic and you're most welcome.

It's my pleasure to be of help to you!

I don't doubt that you noticed all these things that seemed unprofessional about the letter, because you are a very intelligent person, that's why I mentioned you were very wise to ask about this first, without acting on any of the 'instructions' given. They are only sent for one purpose: to part you with your money, unfortunately.

Yes, sending the copy to Walmart will alert them that their name is XXXXX XXXXX without permission and to scam the public.

If you're asking how many questions you can ask on this site, I'm not sure what kind of account you have. You can ask unlimited questions, but if you have a subscription, you can read the instructions that you got when you signed up, which should let you know, or you can contact Customer Service [email protected] Experts answering questions don't know much about the 'business end' of things. : )

Best regards,
Cher