General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Does anybody know of a medical plan or a discount dental plan

Customer Question
which does not have pre-existing...
Does anybody know of a medical plan or a discount dental plan which does not have pre-existing conditions?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
5/17/2012
Expert: Joan, Internet Researcher replied 5 years ago
Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher

If you want something that is not a major medical insurance, but an interim coverage there are companies that offer X amounts of visits with no deductable and if you need Hospital they pay a percentage of the bill. The ER Deductable is $100.

I personally had to take that type insurance for 6 months due to pre existing conditions and could not get a regular coverage.

Once you are off regular insurance for 6 months you can apply for a different policy for pre existing conditions in this link: https://www.pcip.gov/

There are a couple of Companies that offer this minor type covereage: Defined Health or Multi Plan. They are directed by American Medical and Life Insurance Company 1-800-290-3869 or you can check out USA Select Choice owned by Beech Street 1-877-693-9091.

The price of the interim plans run in the $200-$300 range a month charged to your bank checking account or a credit card. This is the cheapest way to have some type of coverage for minor issue you may encounter and they do offer Medical and Dental.

Joan

See the problem is she has medicare. I'm not sure if we could sign her up with any other polocies?

She may be able to pick up a supplemental policy through AARP. They do offer supplemental policies that may work for her. This is a link for AARP and the insurance section: http://www.aarphealthcare.com/home.html?cmp=MBCH-INSPRO-AHC-041012

Hopefully they will have a supplement to fit her needs. Joan

Expert: Karel1, Just know a little something replied 5 years ago
Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something

You can also go to this website, Its the Medicare.gov website there are links to see all the plans one can get with medicare, or a managed care which is medicare included in the plan. However I myself get a supplemental plan from aarp. However its $250.00 per month that is for Plan F which is the best . Medicare pays 80% of the bill and AARP Plan F would pay the remaining 20. If you just stay with plain medicare you are required to pay the other 20% of anything medical and if you need for instance a MRI, or other test that 20% can be quite costly, whereas having AARP you pay absolutely nothing. They also have other plans A thru J. If you want to get aarp. you can call 1-800-272-2146 > They are so helpful, and will literally go over and explain the prices and each and every plan to you. Here is the link for medicare.

http://www.medicare.gov/default.aspx

Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something
Would you know any plans that have a dentist coverage around Gainesville, FL?
You can also call AARP they do have a dental plan. What it covers I dont know, however most dental coverages do not cover much at all. But I would think for seniors AARP is good, Sometimes now private dentist have dental plans . You can ask when you call to make an appointment. Whatever you do do dont get whats called care credit for dentist. Its a credit card some dentist accept, and the interest is ridiculous, You are better off asking the dentist if they have a payment plan before you do care credit. But call and ask AARP
Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something
Karel1
Karel1
Karel1, Just know a little something