General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

does anyone know the parody to" six days on the road"?

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
4/24/2012
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 5 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello again Troy, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Here is a parody of 'Six Days On The Road":

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/davedudley3.shtml

Here is another one: http://www.madmusic.com/song_details.aspx?SongID=14998

If there is a different one you had in mind, please let me know and I will be glad to search further for you.

Please let me know if you have other questions or need additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

**You can request me in the future by typing 'For Cher' to begin your question**

Best regards,
Cher
Neither one is the one I'm looking for. The only verse I remember is: Thinking 'bout my wife that I left home washing and cooking,ain't found nothing yet, don't think I ain't been looking, tried to pick up a gal last night, but my brakes wasn't working just right. Six days on the road and I ain't left Pittsburg yet, This came out shortly after Dave Dudley's.
Hi again, Troy and thanks for your reply with additional information.

I will continue searching for you and will get back to you as soon as I find the one you're thinking of.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,
Cher

Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert: Mr. Gregory White, Teacher replied 5 years ago
Mr. Gregory White

That song was by Bob Carr (Willis the Guard) who died in 2008

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/accessatlanta/radiotalk/entries/2008/10/29/1028_bob_carr_a.html

"I'm gonna drive my truck and shift them gears
Drive my truck and drink some
beers
I'm gonna drive my truck all over the world."

Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Expert: Michael Hannigan, Consultant replied 5 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
It wasn't the Flying Burrito Brothers.

Sorry for the delay.

Willis Caswell (Willis The Guard) & The Crimson Cowboys.

I don't think the guy in the video with the skeleton mask talking about "meat sandwiches" is the original artist, but it's the only bit of the song I can find anywhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7BuJeayuGg&t=2m21s

It's on their Greatest Hits Volume 2 (there is no Volume 1)

EDIT: I found the actual song in mp3
Six Days On the Road

At least the squirrley guy said the right title of the song. I could not hear any of the words though.
Really? I could, and the words are the same as yours.

Maybe the MP3 of the song would be better. This wasn't easy.

Six Days On the Road
Did you download the song?
No, it is still not the one I am looking for. Close though.
That's really surprising - the words are exactly the same.

I spent a lot of time on this because I thought it was a pretty good challenge. And I can tell you with a fair amount of certainty that if that isn't the song, then it doesn't exist on the internet.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant
That is definately not the song I am looking for. The words I could understand were close. The song I am looking for was recorded in the 60's before they started drowning the lyrics with loud music. I will accept your answer to pay you for your work. If you happen to run into some other words to the song, please send them to me. Troy
Troy,

Thank you. But you're going to get me searcing again. And this sort of things drives me nuts! I'll will tell you what I come up with.

Do you remember any of the other Lyrics?

I remember something about him asking how to get to some where and the replied that you can't get there from here, I always though it was Ben Colder but, I can;t find it on my search of him or Sheb Wooley. Maybe you can do a more thorough search than I am capable of.
I will see what I can find. Any piece of informaiton helps.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Consultant