General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

what aspects of college are covered by APA

Customer Question
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
4/21/2012
Expert: A. Schuyler, Research Analyst replied 5 years ago
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. There are a lot of meanings for the acronym APA. Which one are you referring to?

APA american psychological association

The American Psychological Association is an association of psychologists. They don't dictate anything in colleges. Perhaps I am missing the point of your question?

What aspect of college covers APA style? Part of the answer i found is it covers psychology and other social sciences. Can you maybe elaborate on the answer to the question at hand?

The APA style manual is used in the behavioral and social sciences. It is a clean, clear, simple style of presentation with its own set of rules of punctuation, headings, chart structure, and citation of sources that is used world-wide.

let me ask the question again and with more clarity. What aspect of college writing is covered by APA Style

Please see the answer above. All aspects of formal scientific writing for social and behavioral sciences is covered by APA style.

Relist: Answer quality.
I will opt out since I have no idea what you are looking for although I used APA style all the way from my first BS through two MS degrees and a PhD.
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 5 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

Many aspects of college writing are covered by APA Style. The APA provides a specific format to help students organize research papers, which is required in many academic departments, but especially those of the social and behavioral sciences. The APA style in college writing is best known as a way to organize and document sources used in research papers. Most college professors require that APA style is used in the papers and essays that are assigned. This approach covers many aspects of writing and guides the student to use the appropriate stylistic and structural components for all research papers required to be written in college. There are other writing styles that some professors require, such as MLA (Modern Language Association) and Chicago Styles.

You can read more about the APA style of writing here:
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
____________________________________

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs