How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler Your Own Question
A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 16308
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...
A. Schuyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get help with my past-due rent?

Resolved Question:

Can I get help with my past-due rent?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.



Welcome to Just Answer. We are an information and research company. What avenues have you explored so far for help with your rent?


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I haven't explored anything so far.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You were suggested by a friend.
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the addional information. One suggestion would be to talk the situation over with your landlord and see if some compromise can be worked out. When someone knows you are trying, they will sometimes accept smaller amounts for a time until the economy picks up. Of course, the deferred payment will be due when it does. You can also explore small term secured loans through your bank. While it isn't palatable, loans from family and friends may be a consideration, as is a loan on life insurance.



A. Schuyler and 38 other General Specialists are ready to help you