How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Cher Your Own Question
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 21449
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
Cher is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello I would like to find out if there is a PhD or DBA

Resolved Question:


I would like to find out if there is a PhD or DBA program at a university or college that is regionally accredited or if a foreign institution accredited by the country that will accept most of your previous PhD courses you took at a regionally accredited university. The courses were taken between 2000 and 2004. That mean many of them are over 10 years old at this time.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome back to Just Answer.

Considering the fact that many of your courses/credits are now over ten years old, your best course of action would be to contact PhD program Admissions advisors at accredited universities or colleges in your local area (if you would like to attend school near where you live) or elsewhere, to find out which of your previous credits are transferable/acceptable. After determining that, you can discuss the programs they offer and decide which additional courses will be necessary to finish your degree.

Obtaining the initial information over the phone is a good idea, but making an appointment to meet with an advisor in person, would be most effective for your purposes.

I wish you much good luck in your educational endeavors!

Please let me know if you need any additional information by clicking 'Reply'.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for assisting you today (although you have made a deposit/have a subscription, no payment is released to the Expert until you click on 'Accept').

Positive Feedback and Bonuses are always welcomed and appreciated.

Best regards,
Cher and 41 other General Specialists are ready to help you