Jesse Handel
Jesse Handel, Scientist
Experience:  B.S. Degree Chem. & Bact. 10 yrs tax preparation.
9660727
Type Your Question Here...

Im not sure who to ask. I have a yeast mix for a bread called

I'm not sure who to ask. I have a yeast mix for a bread called 'friendship bread' along the same lines as the sour dough bread of the prospectors during the gold rush in Alaska back when... The question is: can you freeze this yeast mix or will the yeast all die? Perhaps it is more accurate to ask: once bread yeast is mixed into flour, milk, and sugar, can it be frozen and still work when defrosted?
Category: General
Expert:  Jesse Handel replied 5 years ago.

Hello and thank you for coming to Just Answer. We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your questions. Yes, you can freeze bread dough for later baking. Here are a few recipes and tips for making and freezing bread dough. Just click on the link to go to the websites.

bread baking

How to freeze your own bread dough

The Fresh Loaf.com : This website has multiple topics related to freezing bread dough. You can find more information on this website by using the on-site search and searching for "freezing bread dough".

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you need more information.