SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

Date for iwc watch

Date for iwc watch # XXXXX
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Hi there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX you have reached the general category. According to IWC(International Watch Company), using both the movement and the case number XXXXX a reference the following was produced:

The case was most probably produced resp. delivered around 1928. The movement is a LÈp. calibre 73, dating from the year 1928.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks.
Do you have info on movement? ... jewels, quality, etc.
I am sorry I do not; the aforementioned was all that was presented. To be sure of the components, their integrity as well as the quality and condition of the watch(if you are thinking for retail value, I would strongly recommend having the piece inspected and thoroughly examined in person. This is also important because the case number XXXXX the movement numbers may be different

According to IWC though based on the 73 it was a finger-bridge movement with 16 jewels. Roughly 52,500 of the Calibre 73 movement were made between 1913 and 1930.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you with your fine timepiece. I would strongly recommend having the piece examined and thoroughly inspected so you can get an idea of quality, condition and any other information. Furthermore IWC actually offers a registry program for these pieces. You can write to them and request a Extract from the Register which will narrow down and detail all the information about the piece for you which will be the most accurate way to obtain any and all information about the piece..

If I have provided an adequate answer for you please click the accept button for my answers as it is the only way I am compensated for my time in helping you.