How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SpecialistMichael Your Own Question
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 508
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
Type Your Question Here...
SpecialistMichael is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been out of work since May 2008. Im 53 years old. I cant

Resolved Question:

I've been out of work since May 2008. I'm 53 years old. I can't find employment. I already receive food stamps but I would like to know how to go about getting financial help in other areas like my electric bill, gas bill, etc. ANY kind helpful programs.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Hi there my name is XXXXX XXXXX I can assist you today.

Would you mind sharing what state and city you are in so I can get a better idea of some availability?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in Georgia, Stockbridge, Georgia -- it's aXXXXXsoutheast of Atlanta.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Please give me a few minutes and I will begin looking for some assistance programs in those areas. I am familiar with them in the northern states and I just need to search the equivalent for your area.
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Here you go, the program in Georgia is called H.E.A.T. and can be found HERE Basically for low to no income families and households, those on unemployment and those who simply cannot afford their house's heating/cooling and electricity bills.

The listed information is as follows
Ms. Lynne Boring
DHS/DFCS/State Office of Family Independence
2 Peachtree Street NW, Suite 21-440
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
TEL:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>FAX:(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>E-MAIL: [email protected]
PUBLIC INQUIRIES: 1-800-869-1150

The way it works is you just do your application, sometimes you need to bring in a bill or notice, you just need to prove your income(or lack of) and then they apply grants directly to your utilities.
SpecialistMichael and 47 other General Specialists are ready to help you