General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I have 2 oil paintings on canvas of Pinkie and Blue Boy. They…

Customer Question
I...
I have 2 oil paintings on canvas of Pinkie and Blue Boy. They are 24x36, not including the gold frames. They were done in the early 1960's. I would need a paper stating their value. Can you help me with that? I also can show you the pictures.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
3/8/2012
Expert: Glenda B., Internet Researcher replied 6 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Internet Researcher

If you need a paper stating their value then you will have to take this to a local Art Appriaser so they can do a written report on the paintings, you can find one by checking the International Society of Appraisers Website , then you click on locate an appraiser and put in where you are located. You can also check with your local State Museum and also Art Galleries, in the area. They can help you. Most insurance companies require a written report.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I Look forward to working with you again.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you)

We are only paid by Just Answer after you click accept. Otherwise we are not

compensated for our time.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX Great day,

Glenda

Glenda, if I'm going to pay $20.00 for this I need more info from you. What do you think these oils are worth? I need to know that much at least. Thank you.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I still want to know the value of my oil paintings of Pinkie and Blue Boy. I know I can't get a written value from you but I can get a verbal value. I at least want that for my 20.00. Thank you.
Expert: Kim D., Consultant replied 6 years ago
Kim D., Consultant

I am happy to help. What do we have here though...a couple of large reproductions from the early to mid 20th century of the famous Gainsborough works or some form of paintings after the works...what is the medium? Looking at the images these look like the large reproductions but I want to make sure that I know what you have. Dori

Yes, they are reproductions done in oils on canvas. They are 24x36 and that's not counting the gold frames. My aunt purchased them in the early 60's. Now I have them and I want to know there value. Thank you.

These copy Gainsboroughs are beautifully framed and are quality execution. They would have a value in the range of 450.00-550.00 looking at the last few years of the International auction market..of which these two famous works come forth in many formats, reproductions on objects and many framed reproductions, oil copies and unique interpretations.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes, Dori

PS Please remember to press "accept" as this is the only way JA pays its experts for their time and expertise! This button will not charge you further but credits me for my work.

PPS Positive feedback is very much appreciated. If you have any reason to leave "less than positive feedback," please contact me first, so that I can ensure that you are properly assisted with your question. I am happy to follow up and clarify or add further information.

Kim D., Consultant