General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I just bought a Pfaff 2124 the machine seems fine but it will…

I just bought a Pfaff...
I just bought a Pfaff 2124 the machine seems fine but it will not reverse when the button is pushed. Is there something special I should do beforhand

Thank you
Rena
3/7/2012
MNMALE47
MNMALE47, Consultant

MNMALE47 :

Try holding the button/lever in while reversing

Customer:

this has been done and still no reverse

Customer:

Thanks

MNMALE47 :

Is it sewing forward?

MNMALE47 :

Put it in straight stitch. Sew forward with it. Then, hold reverse button in and it should reverse for you.

MNMALE47 :

Please contact me if you need further assistance, I do not know if you are froze or away from your computer.

Customer:

have done that as the 1st thing done when the machine was 1st used. straight stitch and holding reverse button as the machine was running and the same done with the machine stopped. I do see that this reverse button is multi-purpose as it is also a stop start button for embroidery mode. Thats my reason mabe a cfomand needs to be done before use?

I believe you hit the okay button that is located on the right of your lcd panel. then reverse. I am having trouble staying on site, so sorry.
I am also seeing several comments on the pfaff forum that you simply need to turn the machine off and then back on and it will reset itself and the reverse will be fine.......
I still believe after everything I have read that you simply need to touch/hold the reverse button. There are people online reporting that they have to do one or the other. Try turning the machine on and back off, then try it again. All the info I can find for you.......
As I am at work I will try the ok button as I have not performed this procedure. Turning the machine off, waiting 30 seconds and restarting has been done as my 1st attempt and still no reverse. I will contact you Thursday with a progress report and hopefully will accept your answer.

rena

Sewingtechdoc

On this particular model it is very common for the R print (reverse board) to either go bad or be pushed loose from it's mounting, or for the micro switch immediately behind the reverse button to be pushed loose.

I can advise you on how to get in there and look to see.

I'm assuming you bought the machine used? Any warranty?

Thank you for the email I will wait to see what you find. Brad ~~
I have just tried to find the OK button. Are we talking about another machine? There is no such thing on the right or left on or around the LCD panel. Please advise. as to model 2124. There is also no mention of one in the manual either.

Rena

I will recheck for you/............
That is on aXXXXXit appears soo sorry for the mis information. Am still checking....
The only suggestion I have left for you is to either call your local pfaff serviceman or call Pfaff directly. There is a chance that you have a board out, but I cannot believe that you would not be experiencing other problems then just the reverse. I will step aside to see if someone else can help you with this. I wish you look. I have been through all of their suggestions, and nothing is helping you. I can help you locate a dealer, phone number etc. in your area if you need assistance with that. Somply message me and I will get that for you. Good luck ! Do not accept this and you will not be billed. Have a great evening. Let me know what you find out if you get a chance. Brad ~~
To repeat....I can help you with this. I was a Pfaff dealer for 20+ years.
please tell me how to open the machine to check the switch I have mechanical ability to perform such tasks. I have looked but found no repair manuals available.

Thank you
Rena

Remove the flip-up lid on top. There is a gap about 1/4" wide toward the left end of the top. Look down , into that gap. You'll see a #25 torx screw about an inch below the surface. A narrow flat-blade screwdriver will work. Just LOOSEN that screw a turn or so, and the face plate (end cover) can be pulled off. Be sure not to pull the light wire loose.

You can then use a light to look in behind the reverse button to see if the micro-switch has been pushed out of position.

Let me know what you find.

I'm assuming that your machine is used, and there is no warranty?

Please click "accept" so that I get credit for my answer. I can still follow up with you later as needed.

I am performing the procedure now
I have the proper torx to perform but is not long enough to reach down to the screw. There are 2 torx screws in the top housing under the cover. Can I remove these to get the thread spool housing off to get to the screw you mentioned with out opening a can of worms?
You can take the top off if you want....it's not a problem. But the screw for the face plate is underneath the top cover, on the left hand end. Submerged about an inch or so down in there. You can see it without removing the top.
Sewingtechdoc
you sent me a right direction but, to chech the reverse switch connection removing the front panel to actually see the circuit board was a much easier task than trying to see the switch from the side panel. The sliding connector for the switch was loose and upon pushing it back onto the board fixed the problem. Like I said you sent me in a good direction for repair and will accept your answer.
Thanks. I've seen this same problem in Pfaffs before, so I thought it might be yours. You did well to get the front cover off and on without any help.
Sewingtechdoc
Sewingtechdoc
Sewingtechdoc