General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

I have a Tacsew T-199RB, I broke a needle and now nothing will…

Customer Question
I have a Tacsew T-199RB...
I have a Tacsew T-199RB, I broke a needle and now nothing will move. Any ideas?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
3/7/2012
Expert: MNMALE47, Consultant replied 6 years ago
MNMALE47
MNMALE47, Consultant

MNMALE47 :

I would say you probably have a piece of the needle lodged somewhere in the bobbin area. Remove your needle plate, bobbin and bobbin case and see if it is free then. If not, inspect in between the shuttle ( metal piece holding your bobbin and bobbin case) and casing for a lodged piece of needle. Also check your owner's manual to see if you have an automatic de-clutch that kicks the machine out when jammed. If you need further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me

MNMALE47 :

If you have an automatic de clutch there is a button on your bed you hold in while you are turning the machine over by hand.

I was just wondering if the suggestions got you sewing again?