General

Ask Experts & get answers to your questions - ASAP

Just got back from Cozumel, Mexico where I purchased a diamond.

Customer Question
I had placed in an...
Just got back from Cozumel, Mexico where I purchased a diamond. I had placed in an existing ring, Now I read reviews saying that the diamonds with diamond international are way over priced. I plan on taking the diamond to be appraised ASAP but it amy take me a week or so to get it to an independent qualified appraiser. I made the purchase on 3/3 and put it on my Discovercard. The paperwork fro Diamonds Internations says there is a 30 day return policy
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: General
3/7/2012
Expert: Kevin, Research Analyst replied 6 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Research Analyst

Agent_Kev :

I have been researching this for you, They have poor ratings, and most have to do with the pricing of the merchandise.

You can check one page of reviews here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g150809-d317512-r93109158-Diamonds_International-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

The return policy of the merchandise is tricky though. It differs from the online orders: Here is it, please see below for rest of answer.

While on your cruise, jewelry exchanges with other island locations of DI, TI, and/or DIWD are permitted for an item of equal or higher value. Only DI, TI and DIWD store managers can accept the return of such merchandise or a trade-in at a DI, TI and/or DIWD location. All other claims must be handled through our Customer Service Center. All returns, for any reason, shall be accepted only with a valid Return Merchandise Authorization ("RMA") number issued by our Customer Service Center. Refunds will not be issued due to "buyer's remorse." Any item that has been repaired or altered by any person or entity not affiliated with DI, TI and/or DIWD will result in voiding any warranty set forth in our Terms and Conditions. Any item purchased by you that is lost, stolen, or is no longer in your possession due to no fault of DI, TI and/or DIWD, shall not be covered under our warranty. All watches sold by DI, TI and/or DIWD are covered by the manufacturer's international warranty and therefore are not returnable for exchange, refund and/or store credit. All watches are to be returned by the customer to the manufacturer's authorized service center for any repairs or other adjustments. THE WATCH MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. DI, TI AND DIWD MAKE NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

You may receive a store credit on any item of jewelry purchased by you from DI, TI and/or DIWD within 30 days of your purchase (excluding watches) provided you return to DI, TI and/or DIWD the original receipt for the item purchased along with the item in its original condition.

Defects reported within 30 days of purchase (excluding watches, which must be dealt with through the watch manufacturer) which are verified and approved for repair or replacement by our Customer Service Center will be repaired or replaced in Customer Service Center's discretion. Each item on your receipt is considered a separate sale under the Terms and Conditions of Your Purchase.

You would have to call the customer service center for an RMA. If they did not place the diamond in the ring, do not mention this or they will consider this an altercation. They do have a fairly good review of returns.

To return or exchange a purchase, please follow these steps:

1. Contact us at [email protected] or 800-515-3935 (outside the U.S. call 212-764-6900) to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number. If making an exchange over $100 we will provide one prepaid return label valid within the U.S.
  2. Write the RMA number above the shipping address on the outside of the box. Packages not bearing an RMA number will be refused and returned to you.
  3. Securely pack the item(s) and send your return using a trackable & insured shipper to:

RMA #
    DI Customer Service, Dept. RT.
    38 West 48th St.
    Third Floor
    New York, NY 10036

Please be sure to include a document of appraisal for the difference you paid to what the value is as proof, also make sure this is insured when sending this out in the mail for return.

This company does not have the best reputation, but they are not scamming customers, and you should be able to make this return within 30 days.
Agent_Kev :

If this answers your question please remember to hit the green accept button or leave positive feedback. Thank you