General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

i have trimmer return setting error #103 on SWF 4 head.. machine

Customer Question
will trim "by design" and...
i have trimmer return setting error #103 on SWF 4 head.. machine will trim "by design" and when manually keyed to do so.. it also sews - albeit only when I've pushed set button x2
and do a manually keyed in trim/start (sound like a trim sensor?) I have ruled out trimmer
timing.. knifes return to proper fixed position.. any advise welcomed. thanks, XXXXX XXXXX
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2012
Expert: MNMALE47, Consultant replied 5 years ago
MNMALE47
MNMALE47, Consultant

MNMALE47 :

Hi there is this Brother, Melco, ?????

MNMALE47 :

Please provide the brand and I will do my best to assist you. Brad ~~

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

SWF 1504 - (very comparable to a Tajima

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

SunStar is the actual manufacturer (Korean)

MNMALE47 :

But there is no actual brand on the machine?

MNMALE47 :

OK thank you I will take a look here

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

SWF

MNMALE47 :

Got it

MNMALE47 :

Thats a 4 head 15 needle?

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

thats correct.. sorry I was just looking at machine..

MNMALE47 :

That is fine just wanted to make sure. It may take me a bit but I am looking

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

machine is running presently..

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

machine is running - as mentioned, I can get it to sew at very beginning of design or only after I've hit SET button twice, manually trim ( TRIM/START ) and then the trimmers

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

seem to be reset and sewing can continue

MNMALE47 :

Can you see the sensor in the machine to see if it is loose?

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

I have arm covers off heads 2-3-4 and I'm not sure I see sensor.. perhaps in back?

MNMALE47 :

I would think back or lower.........

MNMALE47 :

Their site isn't much help....

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

so true, neither is the manual... but let me take a quick peek at parts book see if I can find it on exploded view image

MNMALE47 :

Yes if you can, I would say quite possibly it could be lose and not getting a good connection, lots of vibration in there

MNMALE47 :

I think I hit the jackpot for you here, found swf east, has a ton of videos I am browsing through.......

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

i can see sensor in parts book, but it has area so isolated my guess is it's in back

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

I own the video collection.. no jackpot there..

MNMALE47 :

With setting the trimmer etc?

MNMALE47 :

Replacing needle bar? etc.... the service videos?

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

yes - I have set picker, hook timing, adjusted needle bar... originally purchased from Mesa Distributors (TEXAS) they

MNMALE47 :

They show a 5 part video series on adjusting your trimmers?

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

the trimmers "work", the trimmer timing is correct as I have 2-3-4 bed covers off and can see them operating somewhat effectively.

MNMALE47 :

They don't show error codes here still looking. I am just wondering if the #4 head trimmer has come out of adjustment enough that it is making you manually set it. Was my thought ?

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

perhaps, i can remove #1 cover and check all trimmers as I had done earlier in day.. they were and are trimming - not stopping "out of position" - e.g. in way of needle

MNMALE47 :

I will give you this site , it is loaded with software, and head support. #17 is the 5 videos on trimmer settings. Without being able to pull a service manual from them I cannot see what you are seeing.

MNMALE47 :

That would be a start for you. But I do not know if you will visually be able to see a difference unless it is way out of whack?>

MNMALE47 :

http://www.coldesi.com/support/Table/Standard-Machine-Support/ This is the site where #17 is setting the trimmers. You can simply copy and paste that in your browsers search. I cannot find any visual support on my end I am sorry.

MNMALE47 :

Are you using Seirra Software?

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

no - I use an old version of Wilcom 65

MNMALE47 :

Okay

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

re trimmer settings.. I really dont need to set timing and/or adjust moving or fixed knives..

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

all the video support I have seen - basically shows components being serviced on one head machines..

MNMALE47 :

My thought was if they are out of alignment and not returning to their proper position that could be the 103 error

MNMALE47 :

Oh Okay

JACUSTOMER-vgb2xqvd- :

okay. will need to move this beast away from wall - and take a peek. will check in later.

MNMALE47 :

Okay. Good luck !!!!

MNMALE47 :

There are showing an error 100 which is main shaft out of alignment, and an error 101 and 102, which is about bird nesting below, and then they stop. No more 100 series error codes.................

MNMALE47
MNMALE47
MNMALE47, Consultant