General

Ask Experts & Get Answers to Your Questions - ASAP

General

Where can I purchase wax harmonicas (candy wax) retro back

Customer Question
to the 1960's, 1970's?...
Where can I purchase wax harmonicas (candy wax) retro back to the 1960's, 1970's? I have found the candy wax lips, little bottles but can't find the harmonicas. I want them for a gift and will keep trying to find them!! Help Please!!!
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: General
3/3/2012
Expert: JB Umphrey, Consultant replied 5 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Consultant
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to share that the manufacturer has discontinued making the wax harmonicas and, thus, you will not find them anywhere.

http://www.retrocandyonline.com/discontinued-candy.html
<a href="http://www.oldtimecandy.com/discontinued.htm{/url]It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/" target="_blank=">http://www.oldtimecandy.com/discontinued.htm{/url>

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied with your information needs. No expert can promise you an answer that is favorable to your circumstances. But I will do my very best to explain the principles that are related to the facts you’ve described so that you can better understand the “why” of things.

If you have other questions on different matters, you can ask me at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-jb-umphrey/. Or there are also other Experts ready to assist you in a range of Legal specialties, Veterinary, Cars and others – you can reach them via the www.justanswer.com homepage.
Not so. I did my checking and one person listed on his web-site that he too, found the same deal I did. They are available from China but you have to purchase 30,000 of them. Surely someone, somewhere is selling them if someone purchases a lot of that size! I appreciate your answer but just won't give up.
Expert: Cher, Educator-40+ yrs replied 5 years ago
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

The wax harmonica was also called the 'Wowee Whistle' or 'Wowee Fun Gum Whistle' and here is information on it's trademark and company ownership information:
http://food.zibb.com/trademark/wowee+whistle/30067842 (click on 'view more' for additional information)

Perhaps if you contacted the last owner of record, in Canada, you can find out more about where this item is for sale in the U.S. or perhaps you can have it sent to you from Canada, if they are still manufacturing it.

While the lot of 30,000 from China is quite ridiculous, as you mentioned, I agree that someone must be selling them in the U.S. They seemed to have been originally marketed as a Halloween item, due to their orange color, so try any stores that specialize in Halloween costumes and candy and also stores like Party City and similar ones. Also, try any penny candy stores and ones that sell candy in 'bulk', in your area, and you might get lucky.

I think I made a little progress. Contact this company and ask if they can order them for you or know where they are available for purchase:
http://www.victoryseeds.com/candystore.html
I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to find them! Please let me know your outcome.

Best regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Cher
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs