SpecialistMichael
SpecialistMichael, MS, CSCS
Experience:  Senior Information Specialist
65186368
Type Your Question Here...

Florida plate FSD1644 Gray Chevrolet Camaro 2010-2012 with

Florida plate FSD1644 Gray Chevrolet Camaro 2010-2012 with black rims
Decal right corner trunk 'Jon Hall Daytona Beach'
PLEASE help ASAP with address, ownership, whatever possible
Category: General
Expert:  SpecialistMichael replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to accurately answer your question on JustAnswer

To find the owner of this particular VIN number you must approach your local DMV with an appropriate reason to find the last know person titled to the vehicle. The VIN number can be found usually on the dashboard of most new vehicles near windshield on the drivers side.

DMV - Vehicle ownership is considered public record so requesting information is possible but beware you may be charged a fee, similar to other information requests from a DMV. There must be a reason, a impound yard, a creditor, if you are the owner or acting for the registered owner for example you will need a notarized statement.

All of these laws may have slight variation depending on the state you are in but typically you need an appropriate reason to access the owner's information. There is sometimes a fee depending on the reason given.

This is separate and slightly different from something like an abandoned boat where, because it is so common(to find boats abandoned), owner information is a little bit more easily accessible, but still need a good reason.